Getting ugly: mod_perl and traditional forms of writing CGI
Author Message
 Getting ugly: mod_perl and traditional forms of writing CGI

Quote:

> It's a good idea to use "use strict;" when writing mod_perl programs.

It's also very important to "use warnings".

You should check the log for "will not remain shared" warnings and
change the corresponding "my" to "local our".

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 02:04:14 GMT
 Getting ugly: mod_perl and traditional forms of writing CGI

Quote:

> Subject: Getting ugly: mod_perl and traditional forms of writing CGI
> ...the classic CGI way...
>    read(STDIN, $buffer, $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'});

This is "classic" or "traditional" as in sentence "the
classic/traditional way for homo sapiens to get meat is to chase after
it with flint headed spears".

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 02:09:56 GMT

1. Getting a perl CGI script to write to a file on another server

2. Cgi.pm: getting a list of form values

3. CGI/FORM - Getting Closer!

4. how to write CGI scripts to connect form in HTML to MS Access

5. CGI-Perl question - Form results writing to a file

6. writing Form content to a File-CGI

7. CGI example, write data from form to text file

8. shell cgi script and mod_perl cgi

9. Getting mod_perl working under mod_ssl virtual host

10. Problems getting statically-compiled mod_perl 2.0

11. Getting POST data in a PerlLogHandler (with mod_perl)

12. How to start another form with CGI::Form?