Problem: Net::FTP through proxy - cannot open a data channel
Author Message
 Problem: Net::FTP through proxy - cannot open a data channel

I'm trying to use the Net::FTP module to post a
file to a server.  Basically, any command which
requires a data channel be opened does not work
(ie: get, put, dir).  I can ftp fine from the dos
environment and using CuteFTP.  I've noticed that
CuteFTP issues a PORT command to open the data
channel.  Although I have tried, I can't seem to
emulate this behavior in the fashion described
below:
<CODE TO CONNECT AND CHANGE DIRECTORIES - WORKING>
$ftp->port() or
    die "Cannot set port:" . $ftp->message;

$ftp->get('car.gif', 'd:/car.gif') or
    die "Cannot get file:" . $ftp->message;
I'm still new to perl (about 2 days), and the
major reason I'm trying it (like it so far) is to
solve this problem.  From my understanding if no
parameter is specified in the port() command, a
listen socket is automatically created, and then
the address sent to the server(?).  Is there any
way I can see the address being sent?  Has anyone
solved this proxy dilemma?  I'm not too swift
with debugging in this environment yet, and
cannot figure out a way to capture that address.

Environment:
NT 4.0 behind an AltaVista Firewall

Thanks
Chris Wawrousek

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Net::FTP - Cannot built Data connection

2. Net::FTP: Unexpected EOF on command channel

3. Net::FTP - Unexpected EOF on command channel

4. Net::FTP: Unexpected EOF on command channel

5. Net::FTP: Unexpected EOF on command channel?

6. Net::FTP: Unexpected EOF on command channel

7. Problems with Net::FTP and proxy

8. Net::FTP - configure ftp proxy

9. Net::FTP - configure my ftp proxy

10. problems with Net::FTP, losing data

11. Net::FTP and "Cannot determine protocol"

12. Net::FTP - proxy trouble.