TFM and DVI modules
Author Message
 TFM and DVI modules

Hallo.

I have written two modules to deal with things related to TeX.
TFM.pm allows you to read .tfm file and use information in it.
DVI.pm is for writting .dvi file -- it gives you methods to write
dvi commands rather transparently.

This is how you can use them:

use DVI;
use TFM;

my $dvi = new DVI("btput.dvi");
$dvi->preamble();
$dvi->begin_page();

my $font = new_at TFM("cmr10");
my $fn = $dvi->font_def($font);
$dvi->font($fn);
$dvi->word("AVA");
$dvi->hskip($font->space());
$dvi->word("Hallo.");
$dvi->end_page();
$dvi->postamble();

They are available at

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~adelton/perl/DVI.pm and TFM.pm.

Please if you feel you have some comments about them, write me.
They will be further developed and your advise is highly
appreciated. Thank you.

A module for using TeX's hyphenation patterns files for finding
places in a word where it is possible to hyphen will be ready
soon.

Honza

                   I can take or leave it if I please

Mon, 02 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: TeX::DVI, Hyphen and Font::TFM in version 0.04

2. ANNOUNCE: Font::TFM, TeX::DVI, TeX::Hyphen, all 0.03

3. TeX::DVI::Parse module

4. manual for GNU perl 5.0 in dvi format

5. DBD-Mysql Perl module vs DBI Perl module module vs DBM module ?

6. module needs to be installed in, *and* depends on modules in, a nonstandard directory

7. Seeking advice on migrating modules into standard module format

8. comp.lang.perl.modules The Perl 5 Module List (Reusable Software)

9. comp.lang.perl.modules The Perl 5 Module List (Reusable Software)

10. comp.lang.perl.modules The Perl 5 Module List (Reusable Software)

11. using modules in other modules

12. comp.lang.perl.modules The Perl 5 Module List (Reusable Software)