DBI+DBD::ODBC+MS Access connection error
Author Message
 DBI+DBD::ODBC+MS Access connection error

Hi,
I am having trouble connection to an MS Access DB using DBI DBD::ODBC.
The database is located on a windows NT machine which is in my
network.  I am trying to access it from a Windows ME system.  I am
trying to connect with the following:

my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:ODBC:helpdb','user','pass') or die
"$DBI::errstr\n";

where helpdb is a system DSN set up on my windowsME machine
I am getting the following error message:

DBI->connect(helpdb) failed: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]
You don't have the necessary permission to use the '(unknown)' object.
Have your sys admin or person who created the object establish the
appropriate permissions for you. (SQL-42000) (DBD: db_login/SQLConnect
err=-1) at connect line 7.

I have full data permissions set up within the database.

Sun, 07 Sep 2003 05:09:23 GMT

1. MS Access, Linux, DBI, DBD::ODBC, Easysoft's ODBC-ODBC Bridge

2. ODBC DB connection errors with MS Access on UNIX

3. DBD::ODBC DBI and MS Access memo field

4. DBI, DBD:ODBC error with MS SQL Server 6.5

5. MS Access user-level security with DBD::ODBC

6. DBD::ODBC to MS Access

7. Unix web server to MS Access on NT using DBD::ODBC

8. DBD-ODBC and MS Access

9. DBI + ODBC + MS Access

10. DBD/DBI/whatever accessing remote MS SQL-server

11. DBI, DBD, and MS Access Database on Linux

12. DBD/DBI/whatever accessing remote MS SQL-server