Net::POP3 won't authenticate
Author Message
 Net::POP3 won't authenticate

The following code fails to authenticate. Mail::Pop3Client will
authenticate so I don't the problem is with the server. The
documentation in the module and online is sparse but I don't see
anything wrong with the code. Any insight will be appreciated.

#/usr/bin/perl -w
#pop3.pl
#George S. Williams 10/98

use Net::POP3;

$mail_server="mailhub.wherever.net";
$user="georgew";
$pass="mypassword";

$pop = Net::POP3->new($mail_server)
        or die "Can't connect.\n";
$msgqty = $pop->login($user,$pass)
        or die "Can't authenticate.\n";
print"There are $msgqty new messages.\n";

The environment-
Red Hat Linux release 5.1 (Manhattan)
Kernel 2.0.34 on an i586

perl version 5.004_04

Net::POP3 version 2.12

Thanks in advance,
George S. Williams

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cannot get authenticated to Yahoo's SMTP servers while sending mail using Net::SMTP

2. Small '-w' Question with Net::POP3

3. NET::SSH, NET::FTP, NET::POP3 (how to detect)

4. configuring pop3 host for net::pop3

5. Problem with Net::IRC - it won't connect

6. Net::Telnet won't launch script

7. net use won't work in perl

8. Net::Ping WON'T WORK!!!!!

9. Net::Ping won't ICMP ping under W32

10. (Perl) WWW-Authenticate: NTLM using LWP::* or Net::* ???

11. Using NET::FTP with authenticating proxy

12. Net::SSLeay post requests and authenticating proxy