Newbie Question about DBI module
Author Message
 Newbie Question about DBI module

I have been studying about DBI Aware CGI scripts and
just downloaded the latest version of Perl this morning.
I compiled it on my FreeBSD 2.2.7 computer and ran
a few test scripts, all seems well. However, when I
ran a script which included this line:

    use DBI

I get an error saying "Can't locate DBI.pm..." I thought
that the DBI module was included in the new Perl. I only
used the defaults during compiliation of Perl so do I need
to recompile or something? Will I have to get the DBI
module or was it included with Perl 5.005.02?

Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie Question about DBI module

Quote:

> I have been studying about DBI Aware CGI scripts and
> just downloaded the latest version of Perl this morning.
> I compiled it on my FreeBSD 2.2.7 computer and ran
> a few test scripts, all seems well. However, when I
> ran a script which included this line:

>     use DBI

> I get an error saying "Can't locate DBI.pm..." I thought
> that the DBI module was included in the new Perl. I only
> used the defaults during compiliation of Perl so do I need
> to recompile or something? Will I have to get the DBI
> module or was it included with Perl 5.005.02?

stop by CPAN and snag the dbi module, it's not part of the
standard perl distribution.

--
 Steven Lembark                                   2930 W. Palmer St.
 Workhorse Computing                             Chicago, IL  60647

  The opinions expressed here are those of this company.
  I am the company.

Thu, 26 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. newbie needs help making DBI module

2. Newbie DBI Question..

3. Newbie flat file and DBI question

4. Newbie question. Lookup multiple DBI connections

5. newbie question - dbi:xbase

6. Newbie question concerning DBI and a flat file

7. Newbie DBI and flat file question

8. DBI Perl Make Newbie Question

9. Newbie DBI question

10. Newbie DBI question

11. Newbie question - DBI/DBD Installation

12. Newbie DBI question