Compress::Zlib and zlib location
Author Message
 Compress::Zlib and zlib location

Running 5.6.1 on Win2K. I am using CPAN module in shell mode. I tried to
install Bundle::CPAN. Among the modules loaded was Compress::Zlib. The compile
line looked like this:

        cl -c -I./zlib-1.1.3 -nologo -O1 -MD -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPL
ICIT_SYS -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX -O1 -MD -DNDEBUG    -DVERSION=\"1.11\"  -DXS_VERSION=\"1.11\"  -IG:\opt\perl\5.6.1\lib\MS
Win32-x86-multi-thread\CORE  Zlib.c
Zlib.c
Zlib.xs(25) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

How do tell the CPAN module to change the -I./zlib-1.1.3 entry to where my zlib
is really located?

--
Matthew O. Persico

Submitted via WebNewsReader of http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:05:34 GMT
 Compress::Zlib and zlib location

Quote:
> Running 5.6.1 on Win2K. I am using CPAN module in shell mode. I tried to
> install Bundle::CPAN. Among the modules loaded was Compress::Zlib. The
compile
> line looked like this:
[ ... ]
> Zlib.xs(25) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No

such file or directory

Go into the Compress-Zlib sources (under \.cpan\build ?), and
look at the README file - it gives directions on how to configure this.
For Win32, it might be easier to build zlib manually, place the library
and header files in a standard location on your system, then build
Compress-Zlib afterwards.

best regards,
randy kobes

Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:05:23 GMT
 Compress::Zlib and zlib location

Quote:

> > Running 5.6.1 on Win2K. I am using CPAN module in shell mode. I tried to
> > install Bundle::CPAN. Among the modules loaded was Compress::Zlib. The
> compile
> > line looked like this:
> [ ... ]
> > Zlib.xs(25) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No
> such file or directory

> Go into the Compress-Zlib sources (under \.cpan\build ?), and
> look at the README file - it gives directions on how to configure this.
> For Win32, it might be easier to build zlib manually, place the library
> and header files in a standard location on your system, then build
> Compress-Zlib afterwards.

I already have Zlib built for XEmacs, so that's no problem. I have a
home-grown autoinstaller for CPAN tarballs. I tweaked it to be able to
specify actions to take before and after each phase of the build
(unpack, cd, perl Makefile.PL, make test, make install). I simply added
a command to cat the correct assignments for my machine into the
config.in file after the cd step.
--
Matthew O. Persico

http://www.acecape.com/dsl
AceDSL:The best ADSL in Verizon area

Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:22:02 GMT

1. URGENT: about zlib and Compress-Zlib

2. installing compress-zlib and zlib-1.1.3

3. make test for Compress::Zlib gives Ordinal 3 not found in zlib.dll

4. How do you compress an entire file with Compress::Zlib

5. Need Compress-Zlib for Perl WIN32 316

6. Trouble building Compress::Zlib on HP/UX 10.20

7. Problem building Compress:Zlib

8. piping Archive::Tar and Compress::Zlib::memGzip together.

9. Solaris 2.4/SPARC linker problem while building Compress-Zlib

10. Trouble building Compress-Zlib-0.4 on Solaris 2.4/SPARC

11. Compress::Zlib install problem

12. downloading and extracting zip files from the Web using LWP and Compress::Zlib