Image::Magick install failing
Author Message
 Image::Magick install failing

Hello,

I asked my hoster to install ImageMagick, and they are having quite a few
problems. The installation keeps failing, and we have been looking all oer for
some help. Anyone who has experience installing this module on Linux, please
advise.

Whenever they try to compile ImageMagick, they get a load of errors about
undefined functions.  Is there a list of prerequisites for this module? Which
build of ImageMagick are they supposed to be installing? Their setup is below.
I'd appreciate any responses, I would really like to help them get this module
installed.

Thank you,
Gina

Perl Version: 5.00503
OS: Red Hat Linux release 6.2
SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache/1.3.14 (Unix) mod_bwlimited/0.8 mod_attach/0.9
PHP/4.0.3pl1 mod_perl/1.24 mod_log_bytes/0.2 mod_frontpage/3.0.4.3 mod_ssl/2.7.1
OpenSSL/0.9.5a
GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1
SERVER_PROTOCOL HTTP/1.1

Installed Modules
AnyDBM_File
Apache
Apache::Connection
Apache::Constants
Apache::Constants::Exports
Apache::Debug
Apache::ExtUtils
Apache::FakeRequest
Apache::File
Apache::httpd_conf
Apache::Include
Apache::Leak
Apache::Log
Apache::ModuleConfig
Apache::Opcode
Apache::Options
Apache::PerlRun
Apache::PerlRunXS
Apache::PerlSections
Apache::RedirectLogFix
Apache::Registry
Apache::RegistryBB
Apache::RegistryLoader
Apache::RegistryNG
Apache::Resource
Apache::Server
Apache::SIG
Apache::SizeLimit
Apache::src
Apache::StatINC
Apache::Status
Apache::Symbol
Apache::Symdump
Apache::Table
Apache::test
Apache::URI
Apache::Util
attrs
AutoLoader
AutoSplit
autouse
B::Asmdata
B::Assembler
B::Bblock
B::Bytecode
B::C
B::CC
B::Debug
B::Deparse
B::Disassembler::BytecodeStream
B::Lint
B::Showlex
B::Stackobj
B::Terse
B::Xref
Baz
Benchmark
blib
Bundle::Apache
Bundle::DBD::mysql
Bundle::DBI
Bundle::LWP
Carp
CGI
CGI::Apache
CGI::Carp
CGI::Cookie
CGI::Fast
CGI::Push
CGI::Switch
Class::Struct
Config
constant
CPAN
CPAN::Mirrored::By
CPAN::Nox
Cwd
Data::Dumper
Data::ShowTable
DBD::ADO
DBD::ExampleP
DBD::Multiplex
DBD::mysql
DBD::NullP
DBD::Proxy
DBD::Sponge
DBI
DBI::FAQ
DBI::Format
DBI::ProxyServer
DBI::Shell
Devel::SelfStubber
diagnostics
Digest
Digest::HMAC
Digest::HMAC_MD5
Digest::HMAC_SHA1
Digest::MD2
Digest::MD5
Digest::SHA1
DirHandle
Dumpvalue
DynaLoader
English
Env
Errno
Exporter
 ExtUtils::Command
ExtUtils::Embed
ExtUtils::Install
ExtUtils::Installed
ExtUtils::Liblist
ExtUtils::MakeMaker
ExtUtils::Manifest
ExtUtils::Miniperl
ExtUtils::Mkbootstrap
ExtUtils::Mksymlists
ExtUtils::MM_OS2
ExtUtils::MM_Unix
ExtUtils::MM_VMS
ExtUtils::MM_Win32
ExtUtils::Packlist
ExtUtils::testlib
Fatal
Fcntl
fields
File::Basename
File::CheckTree
File::Compare
File::Copy
File::DosGlob
File::Find
File::Listing
File::Path
File::Spec
File::Spec::Mac
File::Spec::OS2
File::Spec::Unix
File::Spec::VMS
File::Spec::Win32
File::stat
FileCache
FileHandle
Filter::cpp
Filter::sh
FindBin
GDBM_File
Getopt::Long
Getopt::Std
HTML::Entities
HTML::Filter
HTML::Form
HTML::HeadParser
HTML::LinkExtor
HTML::Parser
HTML::Tagset
HTML::TokeParser
HTTP::Cookies
HTTP::Daemon
HTTP::Date
HTTP::Headers
HTTP::Headers::Auth
HTTP::Headers::ETag
HTTP::Headers::Util
HTTP::Message
HTTP::Negotiate
HTTP::Request
HTTP::Request::Common
HTTP::Response
HTTP::Status
I18N::Collate
integer
IO
IO::File
IO::Handle
IO::Pipe
IO::Seekable
IO::Select
IO::Socket
IPC::Msg
IPC::Open2
IPC::Open3
IPC::Semaphore
IPC::SysV
less
lib
locale
LWP
LWP::Authen::Basic
LWP::Authen::Digest
LWP::Debug
LWP::MediaTypes
LWP::MemberMixin
LWP::Protocol
LWP::Protocol::data
LWP::Protocol::file
LWP::Protocol::ftp
LWP::Protocol::GHTTP
LWP::Protocol::gopher
LWP::Protocol::http
LWP::Protocol::https
LWP::Protocol::mailto
LWP::Protocol::nntp
LWP::RobotUA
LWP::Simple
LWP::UserAgent
Math::BigFloat
Math::BigInt
Math::Complex
Math::Trig
MD5
MIME::Base64
MIME::QuotedPrint
mod_perl
MY
 Mysql
Mysql::Statement
NDBM_File
Net::Cmd
Net::Config
Net::Domain
Net::DummyInetd
Net::FTP
Net::FTP::A
Net::FTP::dataconn
Net::FTP::E
Net::FTP::I
Net::FTP::L
Net::hostent
Net::netent
Net::Netrc
Net::NNTP
Net::PH
Net::Ping
Net::POP3
Net::protoent
Net::servent
Net::SMTP
Net::SNPP
Net::SSLeay
Net::Telnet
Net::Time
Opcode
ops
overload
Pod::Functions
Pod::Html
Pod::Text
POSIX
re
Safe
SDBM_File
Search::Dict
SelectSaver
SelfLoader
SHA
Shell
sigtrap
Socket
strict
subs
Symbol
Sys::Hostname
Sys::Syslog
Term::Cap
Term::Complete
Term::ReadLine::Stub
Test
Test::Harness
Text::Abbrev
Text::ParseWords
Text::Soundex
Text::Tabs
Text::Wrap
Tie::Array
Tie::Handle
Tie::Hash
Tie::RefHash
Tie::Scalar
Tie::SubstrHash
Time::gmtime
Time::Local
Time::localtime
Time::tm
UNIVERSAL
URI
URI::_foreign
URI::_generic
URI::_login
URI::_query
URI::_segment
URI::_server
URI::_userpass
URI::data
URI::Escape
URI::file
URI::file::Base
URI::file::FAT
URI::file::Mac
URI::file::OS2
URI::file::QNX
URI::file::Unix
URI::file::Win32
URI::ftp
URI::gopher
URI::Heuristic
URI::http
URI::https
URI::ldap
URI::mailto
URI::news
URI::nntp
URI::pop
URI::rlogin
URI::rsync
URI::snews
URI::telnet
URI::URL
URI::WithBase
User::grent
User::pwent
vars

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 01:56:57 GMT
 Image::Magick install failing

Quote:

>Whenever they try to compile ImageMagick, they get a load of errors about
>undefined functions.  Is there a list of prerequisites for this module?

A lot. Other than standard glibc, it also requires X-Window, zlib, libpng,
libjpeg, libtiff, libungif, bzip2, freetype, and maybe more.

Of course I only see it from the rpm version. Maybe the tar version have
some of it included.

--
                                   S P Arif Sahari Wibowo
  _____  _____  _____  _____

_____/ /      /    / _____/       http://www.arifsaha.com/

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 03:05:18 GMT
 Image::Magick install failing
I have posted some of my findings on www.perlmonks.org

You should see a thread at the Monestary Gates on Image::Magick

Cheers,
Jay

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:55:16 GMT
 Image::Magick install failing

Quote:

> Hello,

> I asked my hoster to install ImageMagick, and they are having quite a few
> problems. The installation keeps failing, and we have been looking all oer for
> some help. Anyone who has experience installing this module on Linux, please
> advise.

There is an ImageMagick mailing list you could ask this question on. Contact info
should be in the distribution. Also note, there is Image::Magick and ImagMagick, the
former being a Perl module which interfaces to the latter.

Linux should be an easy install... it comes with most Linuxes by default.

Quote:

--
Terrence Brannon
Oracle Corporation

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 01:13:45 GMT

1. Failed to install Image::Magick

2. Image::Magick installation failed

3. Image Magick finding image size without loading image

4. Need help with Perl::Magick (Image::Magick)

5. Can't load Magick.so for module Image::Magick

6. Failure to install Image::Magick

7. Image::Magick install issue : libperl.a

8. solution: installing Image::Magick to host as non-root user

9. Image::Magick : unable to install/compile/use it

10. still problems installing Image::Magick to non-root target

11. Installing Image::Magick

12. Image::Magick: unable to install on Solaris 2.6/Sparc