Availability of PlRPC in Perl 5.6
Author Message
 Availability of PlRPC in Perl 5.6

I installed perl 5.6 from activeState (on WinNT).
I used PPM to install the DBI & DBD-ODBC packages.
When I try to use DBD-Proxy it implies that I don't have the PlRPC
package installed.
When I installed perl 5.5 then I had to install the PlRPC and Net-Daemon
packages.
I am presuming that these two packages have not been ported to perl 5.6.
Is this true? If so is there a work-around?
I tried to let them build from cpan and got errors reporting that
perlCRT.dll was not found.
Am I pulling the wrong versions of these packages from CPAN?
I a pretty sure that perlCRT.dll hasn't been used for at least the 5.5
version.

Tue, 17 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl 5.6 and Perl 5.8

2. Perl 5.6 says 'syntax error', Perl 5.005_03 does not

3. PlRPC, RPC::PlClient install problem with Perl 5.6.0 for DBI::Proxy use

4. ActiveState Perl 5.6. and Language Localization

5. use IO::File causes errors with perl 5.6

6. Threads bug in Perl 5.6??

7. ppm fails now that I am on perl 5.6

8. Perl 5.6 regexp error message: Bug?

9. Can't build Apache mod_perl against perl 5.6

10. Perl 5.6 breaks Storable

11. ActiveState Perl 5.6 - Can't exit WHILE loop

12. Perl (5.6 and 5.7) compilation problems with redhat7