How i install a module on a win32 ( active perl version )
Author Message
 How i install a module on a win32 ( active perl version )

Hi I tried to install a module on my winnt active perl.
How do i do? what do i need to install on my nt system?

I know that i can install modules on my linux with no problem using the ff
command:
perl makefile.PL
make
make test
make install

I tried the same command but could not find the make command.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Wed, 23 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How i install a module on a win32 ( active perl version )
On Sat, 4 Nov 2000 16:14:25 +0800,

Quote:
>  Hi I tried to install a module on my winnt active perl.
>  How do i do? what do i need to install on my nt system?

Use the ppm command. Documentation about how to use it comes with
Activestate Perl, and is installed on your computer as HTML.

Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen              |
Interactive Media Division      | Think of the average person. Half of

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How i install a module on a win32 ( active perl version )
Aus ActivePerl Help:

"How can I use modules from CPAN?

As of version 5.005, ActivePerl supports the MakeMaker utility. This allows
you to install modules from CPAN, but requires you to have a make utility,
such as nmake or dmake. Modules are generally distributed in gzipped tar
files, such as Data-Dumper-2.08.tar.gz.

However, ActivePerl includes the Perl Package Manager (PPM), a utility that
allows you to install modules, including modules that contain binary
extensions. You should consider using PPM to install a module, as this
greatly simplifies the management of modules.

Nevertheless, there are times when it is necessary to build a module from
source. Typically, an installation session goes something like this:

Extract the module. This creates a directory based on the name of the
archive.

    gzip -d -c Data-Dumper-2.08.tar.gz | tar xvf -

Change directory to the module's directory.

    cd Data-Dumper-2.08

Consult the README file.

    more < README

Run the Makefile.PL script. This uses the MakeMaker module to build a
makefile you can build the extension with.

    perl Makefile.PL

Run your make utility. This prepares the module for installation, and
compiles any extension if one is present.

    nmake

If this module has tests, run them.

    nmake test

If the tests succeeded, install the module.

    nmake install

See Where can I find Win32 ports of UNIX tools? for information on the
availability of tools like gzip and tar.

----

Where do I get make for Win32?
nmake
nmake is a 'make' like program for Win32 systems by Microsoft. It is
available from ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/nmake15.exe "

----

Sat, 03 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. install modules for perl in active perl

2. Installing a Perl module to Active Perl

3. Win32::ODBC for Active State version 315?

4. Active State 64-bit and Win32 Modules

5. How to know modules of a installed version of perl

6. getting win32 module to work in a version of perl

7. Win32 MAPI Perl module version 1.2

8. How to find version of an installed module ...

9. CPAN.pm: version of installed module not updated?

10. CPAN.pm: version of installed module not updated?

11. Trouble installing 'private' versions of modules

12. Installing a newer module when an older version exists