activeWare perl modle installation
Author Message
 activeWare perl modle installation

I was unable to get anything with version 0.9.1 through a proxy either.
When I switched BACK to 0.9 - I got it to work!  See if you can find 0.9

HTH,

Brent
--

           Brent Michalski
        -- Perl Evangelist --

Resume: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~perlguy

Tue, 10 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 activeWare perl modle installation

Quote:

>I tried to install modules with activeWare Perl.
>I set up my HTTP_PROXY, HTTP_PROXY_USER and HTTP_PROXY_PASS variables (I need
>to pass a Proxy) and I run perl ppm.pl. I get no answer.
--snip--
>ActiveWare Perl is build 502.
>What did I do wrong?

As best I can tell, ActiveState's web server was misconfigured for several
days this week, disallowing access to list the directory that contains the
modules. PPM install worked if you knew the module name, but PPM search
returned an empty list. PPM search failed for me, then started working
again several days later, with no changes on my end. The URLs that VPM use
were also inoperative. Part of the problem is that PPM fails silently when
the server returns a HTTP error. From the traffic I have seen from various
mailing lists and here, lots of people waste valuble time troubleshooting
proxy settings and the like, due to lack of feedback from PPM. I plan to
send AS a note, recommending changes to PPM to report connection errors.

HTH,
Bruce Gray

Tue, 10 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. parallel port modle

2. mod_perl installation into 'test' perl installation

3. Missing \lib\i386-lib on ActiveWare build 306 of Perl for Win32

4. gurusamy vs activeware perl nt

5. Single key input on NT4.0 with ActiveWare Perl

6. Activeware perl 313 and makemake.pm

7. Performance Problems with Activeware Perl for NT (sockets)

8. Activeware Perl and Windows 2000

9. ActiveWare Perl debugger and gnuemacs on winNT 4

10. perl/Tk for win95 (for the Activeware-Port) ?

11. Perl Tk under Activeware

12. Source code security for Perl 5 on NT (Activeware)