mail blues/reds
Author Message
 mail blues/reds

i made this script to see how long it takes to send mail . it takes a very long
time. so my question is does this have anything to do with the way the script
is written or is it a problem with the server being too heavily loaded ??? from
a web-page the average time it took was about 30 seconds....also does this have
anything to do with the fact that the server is running mod_perl and i'm not
doing i/o correctly ? because  the perl.apache.org guide to mod_perl was a bit
confusing to me on how to exactly open and close files.....
#!/usr/bin/perl5.004

my $start_time = time;
my $mailprog = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';
open (MAIL, "|$mailprog -t -oi") or die("Can't access the mailprogram!\n");
my $opened_time = time;

print MAIL "Subject: $time\n\n";
print MAIL "got sent at $time\n";
print MAIL "a member!\n";

close(MAIL);

$closed_time = time;

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<h2>started at $start_time</h2><br>";
print "<h2>opened mail program at $opened_time</h2><br>";
print "<h2>closed mail program at $closed_time</h2><br>";

thanks a bunch!

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. mail blues/reds more ???

2. mail blues/reds

3. mail blues/reds

4. mail blues/reds more ???

5. mail blues/reds

6. Blue wave mail- Opening m

7. Red Hat or Linux Modules

8. mod_perl reds

9. Air Jordan 2011 Black White Sport Red In Best Price News

10. Red Hat 8 breaking one-liner signature script

11. Dual perllocal.pod files on Red Hat 7.3, one in root directory