Voice Recognition for Perl?
Author Message
 Voice Recognition for Perl?

Hi,

(hopefully this is the right group)

I was wondering if there is a speech recognition module for perl?  I
would love to be able to do:

use voice;
use voice::languages;

my $command = new voice::languages::UK;
my $speaker = $command->user_id;

if ($command eq "delete windows" && $speaker eq 'Anthony'){ system 'rm
-fr c:\WINNT'; }

Any pointers to where I could find this?  I suppose this would need an
Open Source speech recognition module...

TIA for any info.
--
/*
 * Anthony Clark,

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Voice Recognition for Perl?
The only speech recognition I have seen is for MacPerl. Wich has hooks
into the Mac OS. THe Mac OS speak recognition is preety good.

Cheers,
Tom

Quote:

> Hi,

> (hopefully this is the right group)

> I was wondering if there is a speech recognition module for perl?  I
> would love to be able to do:

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Voice Recognition for Perl?

Quote:

> I was wondering if there is a speech recognition module for perl?  I
> would love to be able to do:

> use voice;
> use voice::languages;

> my $command = new voice::languages::UK;
> my $speaker = $command->user_id;

> if ($command eq "delete windows" && $speaker eq 'Anthony'){ system 'rm
> -fr c:\WINNT'; }

> Any pointers to where I could find this?  I suppose this would need an
> Open Source speech recognition module...

Well, who wouldn't love to be able to do this :-) If you had a speech
recognition module with a C-callable library (open source or not) it'd
be easy to write a Perl XS module for it.  So, you're right there, the
problem is getting the speech recognition library.

--

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl voice recognition interface for Win32

2. Perl & Handwriting Recognition

3. module proposal - file recognition magic in perl

4. looking for speech recognition evaluator in perl

5. file recognition magic in perl

6. How to record my voice from a microphone

7. voice-modem module?

8. How to record my voice from a microphone?

9. Voice Capture

10. Use modem as voice speed dialer?

11. Help Test Voice Chat Room Script

12. _ADV FREEDOM'S VOICE TNC - 4jhfj7413,jh