Newbie help please
Author Message
 Newbie help please

I want to use Perl to restrict access to users with a password - it doesnt
have to be rocket science but a perl program to test an argument agaisnt an
ASCII list to find if it is authosized. It OK then pass then back a web
page.

If anyone  can offer any suggestions I'd be really rappreciative

Best regards
Phil

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie help please
I recommend that use the authentication mechanism provided with your
web server and not write your own in Perl.  Your servers mechanism
will be more secure (probably) than yours.
Quote:

> I want to use Perl to restrict access to users with a password - it doesnt
> have to be rocket science but a perl program to test an argument agaisnt an
> ASCII list to find if it is authosized. It OK then pass then back a web
> page.

> If anyone  can offer any suggestions I'd be really rappreciative

> Best regards
> Phil

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie help please !!

2. Newbie help please with free perl form scripts

3. newbie - help please!

4. Newbie help please

5. Newbie Help..please??? :)

6. NEWBIE, help please!

7. NEWBIE: help please!

8. newbie HELP please-dos - configur (1/1)

9. newbie HELP please-dos - configur (0/1)

10. String changes in html file - newbie help please

11. NEWBIE WHO Please requires help with hashes PLEASE

12. Please help a newbie..