problems installing DBD::oracle for oracle-db-access
Author Message
 problems installing DBD::oracle for oracle-db-access

Hello,

 when I try to install DBD::oracle I always get this error:

 Configuring DBD::Oracle ...

 >>>    Remember to actually *READ* the README file!
         Especially if you have any problems.

   The ORACLE_HOME environment variable value
(/opt/oracle/product/8.1.5)   is notvalid.
   It must be set to hold the path to an Oracle installation directory
on this machine (or a compatible archtecture).
   See the README.clients file for more information.
   ABORTED!

 I thought that there is no need to install any oracle-software when I
want to connect to a oracle-db via perl on my suse-linux system. Am I
wring or what do I make wrong?

 Thanks for your help,

 Michael

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 problems installing DBD::oracle for oracle-db-access

Quote:

> Hello,

>  when I try to install DBD::oracle I always get this error:

>  Configuring DBD::Oracle ...

>  >>>    Remember to actually *READ* the README file!
>          Especially if you have any problems.

>    The ORACLE_HOME environment variable value
> (/opt/oracle/product/8.1.5)   is notvalid.
>    It must be set to hold the path to an Oracle installation directory
> on this machine (or a compatible archtecture).
>    See the README.clients file for more information.
>    ABORTED!

>  I thought that there is no need to install any oracle-software when I
> want to connect to a oracle-db via perl on my suse-linux system. Am I
> wring or what do I make wrong?

Yup, you're wrong.  You need enough of the Oracle client software on
your linux box such that you can run sqlplus and connect to your remote
database.  If you can't run sqlplus to connect to it then neither will
Perl be able to (at least using the DBD::Oracle driver).

Jeff Long

Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. problems installing DBD::oracle for oracle-db-access

2. Q: Can DBD::Oracle be used when Oracle TCP/IP access is disabled

3. Another funny problem connecting to an Oracle DB using DBD

4. Problems backing up Oracle control files via DBD::Oracle

5. Problems backing up Oracle control files via DBD::Oracle

6. Problems with DBD::Oracle under Windows+Oracle 8

7. Problem setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the correct Oracle client lib for DBD::Oracle

8. DBD::Oracle problems on Linux with Oracle 8.0.5

9. DBD-Oracle: Problems connecting to Oracle

10. Problem to access BLOB field in a Oracle DB

11. Problem to access BLOB field in a Oracle DB

12. Problem Installing DBD-Oracle