Help with Mail::Send
Author Message
 Help with Mail::Send

Hello,

I want to be able to send a message with a Reply-To header set.  How do
I do this?

I tried using the header functions but it does not work?

-ESR-

Thu, 12 Apr 2001 02:00:00 GMT
 Help with Mail::Send

Quote:
>I want to be able to send a message with a Reply-To header set.  How do
>I do this?

try this:

  my ($msg) = new Mail::Send;
  $msg->to($user);
  $msg->subject($subject);
  $msg->set('From', "$from");
  $msg->add('Reply-To', "$reply_to");
  my($fh) = $msg->open('sendmail');
  print $fh "$text";
  $fh->close;

HTH,
erik
--

Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with Mail::Send

Quote:

>I want to be able to send a message with a Reply-To header set.  How do
>I do this?

I just ran into the same problem using NET::SMTP.

I was able to do it by inserting the headers in the DATA section
(I don't have the source handy, so this is from memory.. ignore the syntax)

$smtp -> databegin();

message"

$smtp -> data("Subject: my subject\c\n");

$smtp -> data(""); # blank line to separate headers from text
$smtp -> data ("message goes here");
$smtp -> dataend();

Thu, 19 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with Mail::Send needed

2. help with mail sending.

3. help with Mail::Send

4. need help on Mail::Send module...

5. Sending mail under Cygwin using Mail::Send perl module

6. Sending files via e-mail - please help.

7. Need help with Modul Mail::Send

8. Sending files via e-mail - please help.

9. Need help with Modul Mail::Send

10. Help about sending over 1000 mails error!!

11. SEND E-MAIL , HELP!

12. Sending e-mail from within a perl script - help