Opendir fails via perlis.dll
Author Message
 Opendir fails via perlis.dll

I'm new to this perl thing, but I'm doing all right (so far, at
least).

I'm working on scripts to be executed via the browser (e.g.; cgi
script).

My script has an "opendir" step that fails - I don't understand
why. The WWW_USER account has READ permissions to the directory
in question in both the MS-IIS setup and in NT, and the script
runs fine when executed directly (e.g.; not via the browser).

As an attempt at troublesolving I tried writing a very simple
script to open the directory...when run through the browser it
always dies (with no error to the PerlErr.log). If I execute the
script directly it works fine.

  My "Simple" script (which really should work) lives at
c:\inetsrv\cgi\opentest.pl. It reads:

        opendir (mydir, "./testdir")||die ("Unable to Open");
        exit;

  My result is:

        "Unable to Open at C;\inetsrv\cgi\opentest.pl line 1."

To further troubleshoot, I logged onto the server (via the
console) as the WWW_USER (since that login must have local logon
permissions). While logged in as that user I can (successfully)
run the script directly...which leads me to think it's a bug in
perlis.dll.

Has anyone else experienced problems with opendir via perlis.dll
(e.g.; can you confirm this a bug in the perlis.dll) or am I
alone on this island of difficulty?

Suggestions are certainly appreciated.

Thanks.

David Dimbert                                1950 Berkeley Road
President, Perl wanna-be                Highland Park, IL 60035
Planet Data, Inc.                                  847.266.8640

Wed, 06 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Opendir fails via perlis.dll

2. Use Lib LIST fails with perlis.dll??

3. socket read fails with PerlIS.dll?

4. opendir() / readdir() Fail When Called Via CGI

5. Unable to load ISAPI dll perlis.dll

6. PerlMagick with ActivePerl (perlis.dll) on NT4 / IIS4 wont load Magick.dll for Dynaloader.pm

7. taint check with PerlIS.dll/ISAPI (repost)

8. Win32::ODBC and PerlIS.dll on IIS

9. PerlIS.dll and IIS 3

10. PerlIS.dll headers in html

11. PerlIS.dll headers in html extra INFO

12. PerlIS.dll problem or something?