$data = << 
Author Message
 $data = <<

hi,
i'm using active perl v5.0 under windows98, and am wondering does:

$data = <<
string1
string2
string3

#end of data

actually work under iwndows?  because i can't seem to get it to.

$data = <<END
string1
string2
string3
END

also doesn't work.  i'm using Teach Yourself Perl 5 in 21 days by
David Till as a reference, but it's geared more towards the unix
enviroment.  if this doesn't work, is there something else i can try?
i'd rather not stick a $data .= " infront of every line.

thx
lucas



Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:38:13 GMT  
 $data = <<

Quote:

> i'm using active perl v5.0 under windows98, and am wondering does:

> $data = <<
> string1
> string2
> string3

> #end of data

> actually work under iwndows?  because i can't seem to get it to.

> $data = <<END
> string1
> string2
> string3
> END

The line with '<<END;' needs a semicolon.

Quote:
> also doesn't work.  i'm using Teach Yourself Perl 5 in 21 days by
> David Till as a reference, but it's geared more towards the unix
> enviroment.

Nothing to do with OS.  (Or modules... )

--
Steve

perldoc -qa.j | perl -lpe '($_)=m("(.*)")'



Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:40:08 GMT  
 $data = <<
On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 04:40:08 GMT, Steve Grazzini

Quote:


>> i'm using active perl v5.0 under windows98, and am wondering does:

>> $data = <<
>> string1
>> string2
>> string3

>> #end of data

>> actually work under iwndows?  because i can't seem to get it to.

>> $data = <<END
>> string1
>> string2
>> string3
>> END

>The line with '<<END;' needs a semicolon.

>> also doesn't work.  i'm using Teach Yourself Perl 5 in 21 days by
>> David Till as a reference, but it's geared more towards the unix
>> enviroment.

>Nothing to do with OS.  (Or modules... )

>--
>Steve

>perldoc -qa.j | perl -lpe '($_)=m("(.*)")'

you were right!  i rechecked my perl help tutorial, but the syntax
there didn't have the semi-colon on the end

thanks again
lucas



Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:20:36 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. ^<<<<<<<<<<<~~ with \n

2. ^<<<<<<<<<<< ~~ format question

3. How can I make @<<<<<<<<< variable ?

4. How can grep the 8th of Field <<<<<<<<

5. Question on Cutting and Paste things in a File <<<<<<<<

6. Using $: and ^<<<<~~~ in formatting

7. <<<<<< HELP >>>>>>>>

8. format @<<<

9. 4.036 Bug using $: and ^<<<~~ fields

10. >>>> A Singaporean Girl looking for more penpals!!<<<<<

11. >>>Please add your Perl Script to the Perlcoders Archive of free scripts <<<<

12. Regexp: match '<:a<:c:>b:>', not '<:a<:c:>'

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software