Trouble with CPAN.pm / LWP libraries
Author Message
 Trouble with CPAN.pm / LWP libraries

I've installed CPAN.pm and the LWP libraries on my BSDI
system at work.  When I try to "get" anything via the
CPAN module I get the following error:

Can't call method "mirror" without a package or object
reference at /usr/local/lib/perl5/CPAN.pm line 1545,
<FIN> chunk 2.

I found I couldn't even use commands like "b" or
"reload index". So I looked in the CPAN module at the
offending line and tested whether $Ua was holding a
value.  It is not.  Do you think it is a path problem,
rights problem, or should I just reinstall the whole thing?

TIA for any suggestions other than make it have a value,

STEVE

----------
Steve Wells
Software Engineering Manager
Superhighway Consulting

Sat, 19 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Trouble w/CPAN.pm and MD5 - catch22 errors!

2. can't install CPAN.pm from CPAN.pm

3. installing CPAN.pm with CPAN.pm

4. CPAN.pm or LWP causing problems with installations

5. CPAN.pm problem, LWP: and Net::FTP: fail SLOWLY

6. CGI.pm,, LWP.pm or HTML.pm

7. CPAN.pm install Bundle::CPAN -- Couldn't find a Bundle file

8. Problems with CPAN.PM - Cannot find MAKE.PM

9. Trouble unpacking GD Graphics library

10. Re Trouble compiling with perlcc, ld:fatal: library -ldb: not found

11. Trouble finding libraries

12. CPAN trouble