Reading a networked drive
Author Message
 Reading a networked drive

I'm having trouble reading a networked drive from within perl when the .plx
file is being executed in a browser, but it works fine running from the DOS
shell.  The permissions all appear to be set correctly, but I'm not sure.

Any pointers?  Also, if this isn't the right place to post these kinds of
questions, can someone point me to a more appropriate newsgroup?

Thanks!

Tac

The perl code in question:

while ($filename = <p:\\ntmail\\badmes\\bm00*.mbx>) ...

works in DOS, or works if the drive is C rather than P, but doesn't work
when run through Website.

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading a networked drive
Oops!  This isn't correct -- it doesn't work from the DOS prompt either.  So
for some reason I can't read the p: drive, even though I can read it from
Notepad and Q.exe (a DOS editor).

Any ideas?

TIA,

Tac

Quote:

>I'm having trouble reading a networked drive from within perl when the .plx
>file is being executed in a browser, but it works fine running from the DOS
>shell.  The permissions all appear to be set correctly, but I'm not sure.

>Any pointers?  Also, if this isn't the right place to post these kinds of
>questions, can someone point me to a more appropriate newsgroup?

>Thanks!

>Tac

>The perl code in question:

>while ($filename = <p:\\ntmail\\badmes\\bm00*.mbx>) ...

>works in DOS, or works if the drive is C rather than P, but doesn't work
>when run through Website.

Tue, 09 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. PerlIS problem reading network drive

2. NT Script, Accessing network drives under scheduler

3. Perl, IIS, writing to network drives

4. perl, NT, IIS, can't get script to use network drive

5. Opening a network connected drive from dos w/ perl

6. using network drives-newbee question

7. open error on network drives

8. rename () makes files disappear on Win32 network drive?

9. system() call won't work from network drive

10. NT and network drives

11. ActivePerl from a network drive?

12. error reading drive letters on win-nt, need help