I create/convert to GIF format?

TIA
KG

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to create GIFs with GD 1.23?
On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:01:03 -0800,

Quote:

> GD 1.23 removed support for GIF format
> and not it supports only PNG. How do

Use some conversion program or module, like Image::Magick.

You could get the sources for GIFgraph 1.20 from CPAN. It contains a
module GIFgraph::Convert.pm with a small sub png2gif which does this.

Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen              |
Interactive Media Division      | The gene pool could use a little

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to create GIFs with GD 1.23?

Quote:

> On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:01:03 -0800,

> > GD 1.23 removed support for GIF format
> > and not it supports only PNG. How do

> Use some conversion program or module, like Image::Magick.

> You could get the sources for GIFgraph 1.20 from CPAN. It contains a
> module GIFgraph::Convert.pm with a small sub png2gif which does this.

Is there an all Perl module solution to this or
maybe a module that is distributed with Perl5.

Scott
--

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 10 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to create GIFs with GD 1.23?
On Sat, 22 Jan 2000 02:41:54 GMT,

Quote:

> > On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:01:03 -0800,

> > > GD 1.23 removed support for GIF format
> > > and not it supports only PNG. How do

> > Use some conversion program or module, like Image::Magick.

> > You could get the sources for GIFgraph 1.20 from CPAN. It contains a
> > module GIFgraph::Convert.pm with a small sub png2gif which does this.

> Is there an all Perl module solution to this or
> maybe a module that is distributed with Perl5.

Not that I know of. Besides that, you don't really want to get into
that. Just use PNG. Since Unisys has become all childish about their
patent on the LZW compression algorithm, no one can create compressed
GIF anymore without paying them money. And that includes freeware and
public domain software. Since GIF is essentially useless without
compression, you will not be able to find any free software that creates
compressed GIF anymore.

Just use PNG.

Martien

PS. GIFgraph only exists for backward compatibility reasons. I didn't
think it was appropriate to make every user of that module pay for
Unisys' silliness.
--
Martien Verbruggen              |
Interactive Media Division      | If at first you don't succeed, try

Wed, 10 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. GD::Graph 1.23 / GD 1.19 question

2. GD.pm (ver 1.23) compile fails on Linux RedHat 6.1 (2.2.12-20)

3. Please help install GD.pm 1.23

4. Create GIFs on the fly from Perl with GD.pm v0.26

5. Problem using GD to create VERY large gifs.

6. Why does 1.23 + 2.34 = 3.569999999998401?

7. ftpmail 1.23

8. ANNOUNCE: Class::Tree V 1.23

9. ANNOUNCE: Text::MagicTemplate 1.23

10. Crypt::RSA 1.23