Errors from CPAN
Author Message
 Errors from CPAN

I ran into the same problem.  It seems someone, I assume lynx, is uncompressing
the file so Compress::Zlib can't grok it.  I got around it by re-gzipping the
file and the next 2 or 3 files CPAN tries to download.  Installing the LWP
module fixed the problem permanently.

YMMV,
Bryan.

--
Bryan Thale
Motorola Labs, Networking and Infrastructure Research

Quote:

> I am getting these errors even after complete reinstall of CPAN. Have double
> checked program locations gzip ftp tar etc....
> Heres some more output.
> Perl 5.003
> Linux 2.1.13

> cpan>install Bundle::Apache

> Trying with "/usr/bin/lynx -source" to get
>     ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
> CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok
> Error reading from /root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt:

Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error using CPAN to install modules.

2. Errors from CPAN

3. error using CPAN

4. GD install errors with CPAN.pm shell

5. Errors from CPAN

6. unexpected errors with CPAN, LWP, and ftp.digital.com?

7. CPAN error t/forkm - dubious ?

8. Out of memory error when going to CPAN

9. cpan errors

10. make error loading module via 'cpan'

11. CPAN install causes Winzip to Open and Error

12. Test errors during Module Load in CPAN?