multiple submit buttons in CGI
Author Message
 multiple submit buttons in CGI

Quote:
>I'm writting a CGI script with multiple forms and I need several
>submit buttons to jump into different forms (within the same script).
> I tried to use

>        print $query->submit('button_name', 'value');

>but it seems that the 'button_name' is not preserved after

>        print $query->endform;

>which makes it impossible for me to decide which submit button was pressed.
>Why is 'button_name' not one of the $query->param's?
>is there a bug in CGI.pm? (I'm using version 1.50)

I'm sorry, there was indeed a bug in version 1.50 of CGI.pm and it may
have caused the probl3emlems you experienced.  The bug is fixed in
version 1.53.  Current versions of 1.53 are available from

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

Unfortunately, some versions of popular browsers, such as Chimera and
older versions of Mosaic, do not recognize the multiple submit
buttons.  You may have to upgrade your browser software in order for
this to work properly in addition to upgrading CGI.pm.

Regards,

Lincoln Stein

--
Lincoln D. Stein                Whitehead Institute/MIT Genome Center

              http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~lstein

Sun, 21 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. multiple submit buttons in CGI

2. Multiple Submit Buttons

3. Identifying multiple (i.e. many, many) SUBMIT buttons

4. Identifying multiple (i.e. many, many) SUBMIT buttons

5. Submit with a submit button

6. Question: SUBMIT data without a submit button

7. How to submit form without submit button?

8. CGI.pm automatically runs code without waiting for submit button

9. CGI Question - can't differenciate between mutlipe submit buttons

10. CGI Question - can't differenciate between mutlipe submit buttons

11. Multiple submits on a CGI form

12. CGI.pm: Accessing unparsed POST input? (for multiple submit buttons)