Lost Access to Tied Hashes after Perl 5.6 Upgrade
Author Message
 Lost Access to Tied Hashes after Perl 5.6 Upgrade

We recently upgraded to Perl 5.6 under Linux with an Apache web server....

Now we have lost access to three databases we typically access using tied
hashes.

Using Windows Notepad I can see the data in the files.....

But using the "tie" command or "dbmopen" - we are no longer able to see the
key/value pairs.

We have no problem opening new tied hashes to files.....

Any idea how to troubleshoot this???

Thank you for your time.

Michael Gillam, MD

Research Director, National Center for Emergency Medicine Informatics
www.ncemi.org

Tue, 08 Jul 2003 14:40:30 GMT

1. Lost libraries when upgrading from 5.005 to 5.6

2. Upgrading to Perl 5.6 under Debian 2.2

3. Using CPAN.pm without upgrading to Perl 5.6

4. Upgrading to Perl 5.6 under Debian 2.2

5. 5.6 Upgrade - modules

6. Can't open DBM after upgrading from 5.005 to 5.6

7. Upgrade 5.004 -> 5.6 and binary modules

8. Upgrading 5.6 to use 64 bit

9. bizarre(?) problem, tied hash of tied hashes

10. tie with open2 worked on 5.005 but not 5.6

11. Tie ini for 5.6

12. INTERNALS: Problem accessing tied hash from hv_fetch