Perl manual (Emacs info-mode format?, NG format)
Author Message
 Perl manual (Emacs info-mode format?, NG format)

Is there a version of the PERL manual which can be read by info-mode
in emacs?  Are their plans?

This would be quite handy

I have most of the perl (for dos) manual formatted for as a norton
guide database.  If there is interest, I'll post it to a news group,
or send it to an ftp site (or both).  (Please tell me which group
and/or what site)

I may send it to SIMTEL (I'll clean it up a little first)

Tue, 08 Aug 1995 09:49:09 GMT
 Perl manual (Emacs info-mode format?, NG format)
 > Is there a version of the PERL manual which can be read by info-mode
 > in emacs?  Are their plans?

Yes.  It's available via anonymous ftp from

        ftp.dreams.org
in the
        /pub/perl-manual

directory.

Currently, it's a little out of date -- it matches Perl version 4.019.
Hopefully, I'll be able to spend some time on it to bring it up-to-date
soon.

FYI...

                -jeff

Jeff Kellem

Wed, 16 Aug 1995 01:23:11 GMT
 Perl manual (Emacs info-mode format?, NG format)

 > Is there a version of the PERL manual which can be read by info-mode
 > in emacs?  Are their plans?

composer> Yes.  It's available via anonymous ftp from
composer>    ftp.dreams.org

I also hacked an OLD version of the FAQ into info mode (I'll send it
to anyone who wants it, but it is out of date, and I don't have time
to do the new one).

                        -AJS

PS: If someone has the time to convert the new FAQ, my old version
provides a good guideline (though I'm sure it's not the best texinfo
in existance, since I didn't know TeX or texinfo when I started).
--

----
Aaron Sherman                   The opinions behind this message,

Mon, 21 Aug 1995 00:59:50 GMT

1. Emacs info format Perl manual

2. wanted - perl manual in "info" format

3. Perl manual in info format?

4. format statements and emacs "perl" mode

5. python doc available in emacs info format?

6. manual for GNU perl 5.0 in dvi format

7. Enhanced cperl-mode.el (Perl editing mode for Emacs)

8. Perl5 manual in texinfo format?

9. Formatted manual for system without troff

10. ANNOUNCE: New set of Perl docs in info format

11. Perl 5.004 pod docs in texinfo and info format

12. perl docs in info format?