CHMOD 777
Author Message
 CHMOD 777

Hi,
I've made a new directory with my ftp program....now I'd like to change it
to CHMOD 777 but this doesn't work. This is the error message ws_ftp gives
me:
site chmod 777 /cgi-bin/pollit_files
502 Command 'site' not implemented
Can anyone help me?!

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 03:43:50 GMT
 CHMOD 777

Quote:
> Hi,
> I've made a new directory with my ftp program....now I'd like to change it
> to CHMOD 777 but this doesn't work. This is the error message ws_ftp gives
> me:
> site chmod 777 /cgi-bin/pollit_files
> 502 Command 'site' not implemented
> Can anyone help me?!

I don't use ws_ftp so I'm not very sure how it works. My FTP client is
also a file manager and you can enter MS-DOS commands in it. When
connected to a FTP server, I just type:  chmod 777 filename

Without the 'site' part. The client puts that in front of it
automatically. Maybe you should get rid of the 'site' part. Or else,
the server doesn't allow you to execute such commands.

--Peter-Anders

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:38:26 GMT
 CHMOD 777

Quote:
> I've made a new directory with my ftp program....now I'd like to change it
> to CHMOD 777 but this doesn't work. This is the error message ws_ftp gives
> me:
> site chmod 777 /cgi-bin/pollit_files
> 502 Command 'site' not implemented
> Can anyone help me?!

The error message means exactly what it says.

The server does not use the "site" command.

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 23:05:03 GMT

1. CHMOD 777, etc...

2. chmod 755, 777

3. Newbie Question - Perlshop and 777 permissions

4. Perl Chmod vs. System Chmod, your thoughts?

5. CHMOD Problems

6. using quot in Net::FTP to chmod

7. Is there a chmod?

8. Windows version of chmod?

9. Perl "create" and then CHMOD it

10. Simple Script Problems w/CHMOD

11. output value of stat .vs value of chmod

12. Problem with chmod()?