How to check for path?
Author Message
 How to check for path?

I have a project to write a few simple perl scripts on a Sun 8.5 isp
server. the providers are amatuers and cannot tell me the path to the
/bin/perl. I have only used linux/netbsd servers and have not worked
on a perl project in about a year. I have tried testing scripts
written for my linux server, and recently tested them on a Win9x with
IndigoPerl/Apache server. They work on those but not on the Sun
server. How do I test for a path?

geakazoid

Wed, 01 Sep 2004 03:44:20 GMT
 How to check for path?
Hi

Try   find / -name perl -print
else try something like /usr/bin/perl, /usr/local/bin end others paths.
I dont' know Solaris bur maybe on this system is 'whereis' tool, who tell
you where is whot you need.

Marek

Quote:
> I have a project to write a few simple perl scripts on a Sun 8.5 isp
> server. the providers are amatuers and cannot tell me the path to the
> /bin/perl. I have only used linux/netbsd servers and have not worked
> on a perl project in about a year. I have tried testing scripts
> written for my linux server, and recently tested them on a Win9x with
> IndigoPerl/Apache server. They work on those but not on the Sun
> server. How do I test for a path?

> geakazoid

Wed, 01 Sep 2004 04:21:35 GMT
 How to check for path?

Quote:

> Hi

> Try   find / -name perl -print
> else try something like /usr/bin/perl, /usr/local/bin end others paths.
> I dont' know Solaris bur maybe on this system is 'whereis' tool, who tell
> you where is whot you need.

> Marek

Hi.Thanks. I did try the paths you suggest, I should mention that the
real problem is that I cannot use telnet or ssh to fint the path. I
was wondering if there was another way?
Quote:
> > geakazoid

Thu, 02 Sep 2004 06:55:18 GMT
 How to check for path?

Quote:

> I have a project to write a few simple perl scripts on a Sun 8.5 isp
> server. the providers are amatuers and cannot tell me the path to the
> /bin/perl. I have only used linux/netbsd servers and have not worked
> on a perl project in about a year. I have tried testing scripts
> written for my linux server, and recently tested them on a Win9x with
> IndigoPerl/Apache server. They work on those but not on the Sun
> server. How do I test for a path?

> geakazoid

At http://www.visca.com/clueless/ I found a cgi script that prints out
all the necessary SYSTEM variables, called "envhtml.cgi"

dCon

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:42:47 GMT

1. Help needed checking if paths are the same

2. perl Makefile.PL prefix=$HOME should check what paths for pre-reqs?

3. check for file in $PATH

4. Checking path of file

5. Taint checking problem - insecure PATH Part 2

6. Taint checking problem - insecure PATH

7. How does Path of Windows converts to path in Linux while attaching a file

8. How does Path of Windows converts to path in Linux while attaching a file

9. rel path to abs path in Perl?

10. path to Absolute paths?

11. Determine relative path from 2 absolute path

12. Insecure path warnings with -T despite $ENV{PATH} restrictions