Using Perl in Windows Command Line
Author Message
 Using Perl in Windows Command Line

Hi all,

We usually use "Ctrl-d" to interpret perl multiple-line-scripts and exit
Perl mode in Unix console. Is there any equivalent control in Windows
(98/2000) command line mode?

Regards,
CS

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:30:49 GMT
 Using Perl in Windows Command Line

Quote:

> We usually use "Ctrl-d" to interpret perl multiple-line-scripts and exit
> Perl mode in Unix console. Is there any equivalent control in Windows
> (98/2000) command line mode?

The sequence <ctrl/Z><ctrl/M> does the same thing under Windows
cmd.exe, etc.

Also, if you hop back and forth between Unix and Windows, consider
installing Cygwin tools.  They're free, and they provide useful stuff
that Microsoft doesn't, like grep, Unix's find, bash --- and even Perl
(and gawk).

Cheers!
Jerry Oberle
perl -e 'printf "mailto%cgoberle%cearthlink%cnet\n", 58, 64, 46;'

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:43:19 GMT
 Using Perl in Windows Command Line
I see. Thank you!

Quote:

> > We usually use "Ctrl-d" to interpret perl multiple-line-scripts and exit
> > Perl mode in Unix console. Is there any equivalent control in Windows
> > (98/2000) command line mode?

> The sequence <ctrl/Z><ctrl/M> does the same thing under Windows
> cmd.exe, etc.

> Also, if you hop back and forth between Unix and Windows, consider
> installing Cygwin tools.  They're free, and they provide useful stuff
> that Microsoft doesn't, like grep, Unix's find, bash --- and even Perl
> (and gawk).

> Cheers!
> Jerry Oberle
> perl -e 'printf "mailto%cgoberle%cearthlink%cnet\n", 58, 64, 46;'

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 00:59:10 GMT

1. Command Line Switches in Windows Perl??

2. Perl command line processing, Windows/dos style ?

3. Question: Perl for Windows command line args?

4. Using Perl OPEN to Execute External Command Line Programs

5. command line on Windows 98

6. inputting data at the (windows) command line

7. Windows NT command line

8. Command line globbing and Windows 95

9. Windows NT command line user account adder?

10. command line commands from inside perl ?

11. using $' in the command line

12. Problem checking if a command line option has been specified using Getopt::Long