Hypertext PERL manual 1.1 beta (for windows) available
Author Message
 Hypertext PERL manual 1.1 beta (for windows) available

I've put up a 2nd version of the Hypertext perl manual that I put
together.  This version uses Microsoft's Multimedia Viewer app to
provide you with full-text searching.  The previous version used
Winhelp and thus only had index searching.

The full text searching works very well.  You type something in, like
"search" and you get a list of pages that have that string.  You can
then click through the window of "hit" titles, and the page pops up
below it, with the found text marked.  Very handy, and very fast.

You can obtain the hypertext perl m{*filter*} from my company's download
page at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Be sure to download the "1.1 beta" version.  On this page, you will
also find the Hypertext perl manual for Mac and Solaris.

There have been reports that the Mac version doesn't always work on
system 7.5 machines, though it works fine on <7.5 machines.  I have
email in with Starview, the people who make the help compiler for the
Mac, to see if they can provide a fix.

If anyone has a license for Quickview, a Microsott Multimedia Viewer
for the Mac, please contact me.  We'll be able to provide the
full-text searchable version to mac users.

John

Walter Shelby Group Ltd. - Internet Software Publishers
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ; &   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 20 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hypertext PERL manual 1.1 beta (for windows) available

2. Announcing Hypertext PERL manual for Windows, Mac, Solaris

3. Announcing Hypertext PERL manual for Windows, Mac, Solaris

4. ANNOUNCE: X11::Motif 1.1 beta

5. PerlExe from PDK 1.1 Beta 3

6. Hypertext Perl manual for DOS

7. WWW hypertext perl-manual

8. PERL USER'S MANUAL AVAILABLE FOR FTP?

9. new edition (0.3b) of Texinfo version of the perl manual available

10. Perl course manual available

11. Perl manual search tool perlindex available

12. BETA version of MSDOS Perl 5.000 now available