MacPerl sockets in my HTTP server
Author Message
 MacPerl sockets in my HTTP server

I have written a perl script that handles HTTP/1.0 protocol - the script
works fine on Unix and I have ported it to the Mac (in fact I only had to
change the End Of Line character) , but on the Mac I have a problem when
the socket is closed.  MacWeb just loses the last bit of data, Netscape
reports a lost socket connection.

I put a sleep of 2 seconds before the close - this allows MacWeb to
display all the data, but Netscape still reports the same error (obviously
2 seconds later).

If I run the script on Unix both the Mac clients are happy, so if anyone
has experience of using sockect in MacPerl 4.1.8 and can help please get
in touch.

Thanks,

Martin

Martin

Mon, 08 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. HTTP Server using Sockets

2. Point a socket client at an HTTP server

3. Perl sockets vs. no sockets for chat server

4. Perl IO::Socket Establishing a socket with a Server

5. setting up a socket server client and server.....?

6. Q: MacPerl and sockets

7. Can someone provice sys/socket.ph for MacPerl?

8. Macperl and server errors

9. Setup Local Server CGI Form W/MacPerl

10. HTTP Socket problem....

11. Using File::Copy and Sockets to copy public files from http addresses

12. HTTP & sockets on win32