Forms ('elp!)
Author Message
 Forms ('elp!)

Hi,

I have a script that returns a response when a form is submitted.

However, this responce generates a new page in the History list of visted
pages.

How can I submit the form so that the responce replaces the current
location?

ie : as if I had called location.replace()

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jason
(reply by email if you can)

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Forms ('elp!)
hmmmmmmm.....  jason bowerman,  your name sounds oddly familiar...  oh
yes, i remember... u are the guy who ask this exact same question
yesterday. and i believe i answered u there as well. well, once again,
being me normal helpful self, i will say, yes, u are correct.. u would
use location.replace(), as i told u last time, so what is the question?
it apears u already have the answer.

Quote:

--

;)  ;-b  :(  >:(  $^)  %-)  :o)  =:-)  =)  :T

from the man with all the smiles

Disclaimer: Not all examples are proven to work as proclaimed... use
only with extreme caution. I am not to be held resposible for anybodys
loss of mail or anything else as the result of taking my word for the
truth. If u have any problems with an example i post, please feal free
to comment on it, but i am NOT required to care.

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Forms ('elp!)

Nope ... this is a different question... if you knew anything about forms
then you'd see that.

Like I saiud, you cannot put a location.replace() in the action of a form.

Any ideas people?

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Forms ('elp!)
On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:27:46 GMT, "Jason Bowerman"

Quote:

>I have a script that returns a response when a form is submitted.

>However, this responce generates a new page in the History list of visted
>pages.

Perhaps. It is browser behavior, and HTML does not deal with such
issues. HTML postulates no history mechanism; neither does not give
any way to refer to it, still less to manipulate it.

Quote:
>How can I submit the form so that the responce replaces the current
>location?

I don't think you can mess around with the browser's history mechanism
in Perl either (unless you mean using Perl _client-side_, but I don't
think there are many browsers that would support that). You could
perhaps do that in _JavaScript_ (or VBScript), but that's a different
story, belongs to other groups, and constitutes no working solution on
the WWW - people more and more often have JavaScript turned off,
partly because of abuse of JavaScript which messes up the browser.

I suppose you _have_ a problem but you haven't told what it is.
Instead, you describe an assumed solution to an unspecified problem,
and ask how to implement that solution. But there doesn't seem to be a
way to do that, and, moreover, it would _create_ a problem, probably
without actually solving the problem you had.

Quote:
>(reply by email if you can)

Nonsense; this is Usenet, not a free help desk, and if you try to use
it as a free help desk, the help won't be worth the price you pay. See
http://www.hut.fi/u/jkorpela/usenet/mail-responses
--
Yucca, http://www.hut.fi/u/jkorpela/ *** Happy 19100 to all! ***

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with $/ = '' while reading form TTY

2. Calling subs using '&' form

3. Fastest form of an 'if'

4. Preventing 'Repost Form Data'

5. Error: 'document.form.name.Value'

6. Easy question about $FORM{'data'} variables

7. Form question: Mulipart/form-data and reg form processing

8. ? Dale Worley's forms package -- examples

9. CGI: form submits more variables each time it's used

10. Can't get Standard Iput from HTML form

11. Regexp's and html forms

12. utf-8 in Matt's Form Mail