Need tcl list parsing in Perl
Author Message
 Need tcl list parsing in Perl

I would like to implement simple DP-RPC compatible RPC
in perl.  This way I can have a perl script call a wishdp
server.

It's pretty straightforward except for one little thing.
In case of an error, the server returns a list containing
two elements (the error result and the errorInfo value).

This would need to be split up a' la Tcl_SplitList().

Has anybody out there implemented a perl procedure to split a
tcl-style list?

BTW, has anybody already implemented a PerlDP?  This could save
me alot of time.

Steve Madere

Fri, 22 Nov 1996 07:36:07 GMT

1. need help with foreach construct and parsing of list

2. Tcl and Tcl::Tk w/ Tcl 7.5, 7.6 and Tk 4.1, 4.2

3. parsing structured text (e.g., lisp or tcl output)

4. Need Perl Tcl/Tk for Linux

5. Need help with Perl to tcl conversion

6. awk, scheme, tcl, and/or perl (was: Why you should not use Tcl)

7. Tcl::Tk and Tcl modules are available to provide Tk GUI to perl

8. Keyed list ala Tcl

9. parsing perl to create list of undefined subroutines

10. Please help complete holiday/country list (was: Need list of all legal holidays in all countries)

11. Please help complete holiday/country list (was: Need list of all legal holidays in all countries)

12. List of lists or array of lists in Perl