Perl Gtk Tool Tips (show on some widgets, not others)
Author Message
 Perl Gtk Tool Tips (show on some widgets, not others)

I'm using Gtk with Perl 5 (and I don't know C or C++, so I don't have the
background to deal with this on that level).

I'm using subroutines to create a window with buttons and a notebook, then
to add pages to that notebook.  I can generate tooltips for some widgets,
not for others.  Here is a simplified version of the code:

        AddNotebookPage1($notebook,$tooltips)

        exit;

sub makewindow {
        my $window = new Gtk::Window("toplevel");
        #
        #Code here to set up window properties
        #
        my $tooltips->new Gtk::Tooltips;

        my $notebook = new Gtk::Notebook;
        #
        #code here to create notebook, but NOT add tabs yet
        #

        return $window,$notebook,$tooltips;

Quote:
}

sub AddNotebookPage1 {

        #
        #Here I add a Fixed with a number of labels and combos to
        #the notebook, including the one below, $combo01
        #
        my $combo01 = new Gtk::Combo();
        $tooltips->set_tip($combo01,"This is a combo tool tip");
        return;

Quote:
}

Any widgets I create in makewindow have no problem with getting tooltips.  I
have 5 buttons in a button box, and there's no trouble creating tooltips.
I tried moving the window creation code to the main subroutine, and passing
$tooltips as a parameter to makewindow, and I could still add tooltips to
the buttons, but I CANNOT add any tooltips to the combos in the notebook
page, no matter what.

Is this because the comobo widgets are in a notebook and in a contianer
nested several levels within the window, or is it because of something
strange not getting passed in a subroutine?  How can I add tooltips to the
combo widgets in the notebook pages?

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Hal

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:57:54 GMT

1. Perl Gtk Tool Tips (show on some widgets, not others)

2. did perl/tk got tips widget

3. Gtk Text widget ....

4. Gtk Text widget

5. Tips on new widget intergration

6. Problems with MSIE in combination with MAC not showing Perl generated HTML

7. perl CGI output not shown in browser

8. Can get new user's in one machine but not others with NetAdmin

9. page is not showing until perl program is finished

10. Perl Not Showing Errors

11. : my variables not showing up in perl debugger

12. Browser saves (not shows) Perl Output