Embedded Manpages - in /bin/sh
Author Message
 Embedded Manpages - in /bin/sh

Hi,
   I am looking for a mechanism to document my existing shell scripts in
a way similar to the embedding of manpages in Perl.

In Perl, you can use the wrapman script which adds a few lines at the
front of the script to redirect troff to the end whilst still ensuring
that the script is valid perl.

I want to retrospectively document quite a few scripts but would like to
use a simliar technique to keep the script and manpage together.

A second best answer would be to have a script that just extracts the
manpage from the end of the shell script but a better version would
enable me to link the manpage directly to the script.

A know a fair bit of Perl and far too much shell, but alas no troff so I
don't know the syntax. Can anyone help?

I would appreciate reply by mail, and I will summarise any satisfactory

Thanks,
        Martin.
--

***   Currently MSc Computing Software and Systems Design at Newcastle.   ****

Wed, 16 Jul 1997 21:44:59 GMT
 Embedded Manpages - in /bin/sh
I'm reposting this as I got the distribution wrong last time!
Ta..

Quote:

--

***   Currently MSc Computing Software and Systems Design at Newcastle.   ****

Mon, 21 Jul 1997 00:45:28 GMT

1. /bin/sh vs. Perl Execution Time

2. How to get to $? of /bin/sh

3. Wanted: /bin/sh script for mantaining KILL files.

4. checking if one file is newer than another in /bin/sh

5. scooping up a bunch of environment variables from a /bin/sh script

6. Perl on an aix machine (bypassing a bug in /bin/sh)

7. Bourne Shell (/bin/sh) counting?

8. Force script to use /bin/sh?

9. Easy /bin/sh but Perl not

10. /bin/sh -x output for perl?

11. ANNOUNCE: /bin/sh to Perl translator finally available!

12. Translate: Perl to /bin/sh