Turning debug trace on inside the script?
Author Message
 Turning debug trace on inside the script?

Is there a magic variable that I can set from inside my perl script
that will turn trace execution on.  This is the trace execution that
you get by invoking the de{*filter*} and typing 't' then 'c'. Many of the
-D values give me more detail than I'm interested in.

---

Mon, 11 Mar 1996 09:15:29 GMT
 Turning debug trace on inside the script?
:
: Is there a magic variable that I can set from inside my perl script
: that will turn trace execution on.  This is the trace execution that
: you get by invoking the de{*filter*} and typing 't' then 'c'. Many of the
: -D values give me more detail than I'm interested in.

Er, no, but one could provide a different debugging package via the
PERLDB environment variable that would do such a thing.  Admittedly,
that's a little more difficult than tweaking a variable.

Larry

Wed, 13 Mar 1996 02:59:09 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Debug::Trace 0.04 -- tracing subroutine calls

2. Using trace to debug a script?

3. Turning debugger tracing on/off under program control

4. Debugging question: tracing the origin of an error.

5. LWP::UserAgent request failing. debug trace

6. Turning Debugging On

7. How to DEBUG perl inside other program

8. Debugging inside closures

9. Perl inside MFC debugging

10. Unix script inside a Perl script

11. Running perl scripts inside perl scripts (TIA)

12. perl script inside perl script