Sendmail rewriting rules in Perl?
Author Message
 Sendmail rewriting rules in Perl?

I would like to have a perl script use sendmail.cf as input and
use the sendmail rewriting rules to tell me some information about
the to and from entries in my syslog from sendmail.

Has anyone out there done anything like this?

Ideally, I would like to be able to pull out the to and from mail
addresses, put them through the rewriting rules and determine if
the mail would be sent within my domain or my root domain, or
whether the mail would be sent external to my companies root domain.

Many thanks in advance.

Blake Holman
Ericsson Network Systems, Inc.
Richardson, Texas
(214) 997-6784

Wed, 15 Feb 1995 09:32:16 GMT
 Sendmail rewriting rules in Perl?

Quote:

>Ideally, I would like to be able to pull out the to and from mail
>addresses, put them through the rewriting rules and determine if
>the mail would be sent within my domain or my root domain, or
>whether the mail would be sent external to my companies root domain.

Couldn't you use the -bt option of sendmail itself? You enter the endrule (nor-
mally 0) and the address and see the rule determination and end-result.

Hope this helps,

Thu, 16 Feb 1995 03:07:35 GMT

1. rewriting sendmail in perl

2. simple unix commands rewritten in perl..

3. Parts of C news rewritten in Perl, anyone?

4. rewrite this 7-liner in perl?

5. Help with Rewriting Application in OO Perl

6. Apache Rewrite With Perl Script Question - HELP!

7. Perl & UUCP (address rewriting Q)

8. deleting from a file in perl, and rewriting at the same place

9. Why not rewrite standard utilities in perl?

10. Perl 5.6.1 under Cygwin: rules-dbm test fails

11. Using Perl for Makefile Rules

12. Programming Rules in Perl