variables in top-of-page formats
Author Message
 variables in top-of-page formats

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to include a variable
in the top-of-page format so that page-numbers or dates can
printed at the top of each page.  If there is another way
of including page numbers or dates on each page, I would
like to know how its done.

Thanks in advance,

     - sherman

Mon, 30 Sep 1996 12:30:05 GMT
 variables in top-of-page formats

) I would like to know if there is a way to include a variable
) in the top-of-page format so that page-numbers or dates can
) printed at the top of each page.  If there is another way
) of including page numbers or dates on each page, I would
) like to know how its done.

There's nothing special about top of page formats, just use the same
mechanism you would use for the regular format.  For example I often
use the following for formats:

format STDOUT_TOP =
$title

.

I'd probably add other stuff too, but that's the gist.

--Bill.

--
William R. Ward              Unix contractor               Apple PIE DTS
Work phone: 408/974-3668                         Voicemail: 408/479-4072

   Disclaimer: I do not speak for Apple Computer or anyone but myself

Tue, 01 Oct 1996 07:38:33 GMT

1. Forcing format to print top of page

2. Top-of-page format: STDOUT_TOP??

3. Format for top of page; adding system date

4. Top of the page format problem

5. Top-of-page format

6. Question on top of page format

7. **FORMAT Formatting columns/pages