Dynamic/Incremental loader & perl/Tk
Author Message
 Dynamic/Incremental loader & perl/Tk

I'm interested in something to allow incremental linking of C routines
with a large package - especially one that can also be linked with
Perl (or possibly Tcl/Tk).

I've heard of two things along this line:
In the coombs script archive is something for linking perl to 'dynload',
which sounds like it is only for Encore computers.  Then there is 'dld',
which has been GNU-copylefted; found it in ftp.uu.net as
systems/gnu/dld-3.2.3.tar.gz, but looks like that is only for certain
systems, none being V.4-ish.

Anyone know if active work is going on with these packages or anything
like them?

Regards,  Hal Morris

Sat, 22 Mar 1997 03:34:05 GMT
 Dynamic/Incremental loader & perl/Tk

:I'm interested in something to allow incremental linking of C routines
:with a large package - especially one that can also be linked with
:Perl (or possibly Tcl/Tk).

You definitely want to fetch perl5 and tkperl5.  They do these things
for you.

--tom
--

    I'm sure that that could be indented more readably, but I'm scared of

Sat, 22 Mar 1997 04:53:33 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Tcl Dynamic Loader package version 0.1

2. XS dynamic loader: how to push C args?

3. perl script for level 0 and incremental backups

4. Perl Tk dynamic widget allocation

5. HELP: Perl w/dynamic Tk - Bad Magic Number

6. perlembed interp() and dynamic perl/tk

7. MSDOS perl -- can't init loader

8. Perl/Oracle-SLQ*Loader error

9. Invalid loader fixup in text space error on HPUX 11 on PERL DBD

10. Loader error, HP-UX 10.10, Perl 5.003, Tk400.202

11. Using GetOpt::Long with multiple incremental switches

12. Range operator with incremental (step size)