Copying /var/spool/mail and /var/spool/news with perl
Author Message
 Copying /var/spool/mail and /var/spool/news with perl

Does there exist any packages for uucp-simulated downloading of your
own mail and news over a modem-connection (using ZMODEM or Kermit)?

If not, does there exist any packages for safe copying of mail and
newsfiles? I thing doing a simple cp is not safe since the mail or
news -server might be in the midle of an update/copy -operation (?).

Arne

Tue, 27 May 1997 22:57:14 GMT

1. Databases

2. Datamodule in MDI-forms

3. Turbo Pascal 3.01???

4. how to change files in /var/spool/mail

5. parse email from /var/spool/mail/username

6. Opening /var/spool/mail/username

7. newslat: do your own news-spool latency readings (in Perl)

8. Hardware buffer com-port

9. DB2 Link for Delphi 1.0

10. A script for moving bits of news spools, but which leaks memory

11. : Need help with News Spool searching...

12. Reading/parsing my mail spool file with Perl