Ring a bell?
Author Message
 Ring a bell?

I have a TkPerl application just about finished.  For an entry widget
I'd like to bind a certain keystoke to the system bell (UNIX ^G).
Actually I'd settle for just about any noise, I thought the system
beep would be easiest.  Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

bob

--
bob fiegel - aka "bob"
Instrument Approach Procedures Automation

Mon, 24 Mar 1997 05:38:53 GMT
 Ring a bell?
I have a TkPerl application just about finished.  For an entry widget
I'd like to bind a certain keystoke to the system bell (UNIX ^G).
Actually I'd settle for just about any noise, I thought the system
beep would be easiest.  Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

bob

Mon, 24 Mar 1997 04:57:36 GMT
 Ring a bell?

Quote:
>I have a TkPerl application just about finished.  For an entry widget
>I'd like to bind a certain keystoke to the system bell (UNIX ^G).
>Actually I'd settle for just about any noise, I thought the system
>beep would be easiest.  Any ideas?

If you mean the Tk extension to Perl5, just wait a little longer until
I release tkperl5alpha5 and use the command "xbell". When I release
alpha5 depends on when perl5 itself comes out of beta (the schedule
has slipped somewhat) since I said alpha5 would come out right after that.
If it slips too much, though, I'll put out alpha5 first against one of the
late patchlevels of perl5beta3.

--Malcolm

--

Oxford University Computing Services
"Widget. It's got a widget. A lovely widget. A widget it has got." --Jack Dee

Tue, 25 Mar 1997 22:53:37 GMT
 Ring a bell?
<Deleted stuff>
Quote:
> Thanks for the help.

> bob

Wrong!

Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:42:04 GMT

1. Ring my bell!

2. Q: How do I ring the terminal bell

3. ParseArgs options parser w/bells & whistles

4. a simple redirect with bells and whistles

5. WIDESPREAD INCOMPETENCE AT BELL ATLANTIC

6. bell on Perk

7. bell module

8. Comments/Help on Ring Element Id Subroutine?

9. A Three Ring Circus: multi-window perldb

10. Ringing the BEL in perl.

11. PERL web ring script

12. Web-ring Code