Software Engineer/Developer (N.Y.) [Neural Networks] Wanted
Author Message
 Software Engineer/Developer (N.Y.) [Neural Networks] Wanted

Full-time position for Software Engineer/Developer with recent Degree.
Possible alternative: Part-time Experienced Software Engineer/Developer.

Starting date: Immediate/September.

A federally-funded research team at New York Medical College is
applying neural networks and advanced probabilistic/statistical
methods to improve the accuracy with which the stage (of advancement)
of cancer cases can be evaluated -- an important factor in determining
treatment.

We seek a skilled developer to take primary responsibility for the
design and implementation of our neural network software, which will
be geared towards flexible experimental use in our fast-paced research
program, as well as a simple GUI prototype of clinical production
software.  The successful candidate will work with us (medical, neural
network, and statistical researchers) to plan the best path from our
current C code to a more carefully-designed, extensible, OO approach,
perhaps with partial rapid implementation in an interpreted language,
and evaluate the possible role of other available tools and libraries.
It is expected that eventually, much of the resulting software will be
freely distributed for use in many fields.

Candidates should have demonstrably outstanding skills in designing
object-oriented software, and in C++ (or both C and some OO language)
development under the Unix[/X11] environment.  Prefer knowledge of as
many of the following as possible: neural nets, statistics, numerical
/ scientific computation, portable GUI, prototyping language (Python,
Smalltalk, Perl, S-plus, ...), MS Windows, and Unix system
administration.

New York Medical College (NYMC) is located in the community of
Valhalla, NY, just half an hour north of New York City.  The position
would be on-site, though doing some portion of the work remotely could
perhaps be arranged.

NYMC is the third-largest private medical university in the United
States. It is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Institution.
Currently we do not believe we could justify hiring an individual who
is not already authorized to work in the U.S.

If you are interested and qualified, please e-mail your resume to me
as soon as possible (plain text preferred).

--

Sun, 09 Feb 1997 22:47:48 GMT
[...]

Sun, 09 Feb 1997 23:00:53 GMT

1. U.S., NY, NY - System Engineer / Sales Support

2. NY - WWW, html, Perl Developer/Manager Wanted

3. NY, NY - Database Developer; Sybase

4. AI Neural Network - predicting CPU load example

5. Is there a neural network module?

6. neural networks

7. ANNOUNCE: Gann-0.00 neural network simulator perl module

8. US-NY-LI 516 Web Developer - Perl, Unix, SQL

9. US-NY-NYC - Web Developers needed - Wall Street - Contract/FT

10. Web/DB Software Dev Positions Available in NY

11. Services offshore outsourcing (Web Designing and Software Engineering)

12. (JOB) SENIOR UML SOFTWARE ENGINEER/METHODOLOGIST - Denver