Doctor Scott Still Needs a Fork.
Author Message
 Doctor Scott Still Needs a Fork.

Hi,
   I am using the MS-DOS version of Perl and need to perform a
process fork. I have downloaded the GNU Perl for DOS and it says
the fork routine is unimplimented. In a way this makes sense since
MD-DOS is not multi-tasking, BUT the system command and pipe
capability are worked in and would seem to require similar functionality.
I always perform a wait immediately after I fork. In this singular
case, it should be possible to store off a copy of the Perl
executable, run the child fork, restore the parent, and restart it.
(I haven't tried to design this, but it sounds plausible). Would
someone familiar with MS-DOS or the GNU Perl please address
this? This is also a plea to those who implement Perl to give
us the fork with wait capability.

- Adam

Fri, 18 Jul 1997 22:59:05 GMT

1. Healing the doctor

2. Namespace Doctors

3. Doctor/Eliza

4. eliza (doctor) in perl?

5. Dead Doctors - I'm ready to join

6. help frustrated doctor

7. Need help with fork to several childs

8. Need to flush all filehandles before fork...how?

9. Need example of pipe & fork (probable FAQ)

10. Need Help: fork / kill / kill 0

11. I need a fork example, please

12. fork() help needed