Perl 5 JAPH!
Author Message
 Perl 5 JAPH!

OK, ok, I gotta post this.  I was playing around with Perl5 this
morning.  One thing's for sure.... the new goodies allow for all sorts
of bizarre code twists, especially for JAPHs. :-)

So, I now post the (ta da) very first Perl 5 JAPH:

Cool.

print "Just another Perl hacker," # but not what the media calls "hacker!" :-)

Phrase: "Welcome to Portland, Oregon ... home of the California Raisins!"

Wed, 02 Apr 1997 04:23:00 GMT
 Perl 5 JAPH!
OK, ok, I gotta post this.  I was playing around with Perl5 this
morning.  One thing's for sure.... the new goodies allow for all sorts
of bizarre code twists, especially for JAPHs. :-)

So, I now post the (ta da) very first Perl 5 JAPH:

Cool.

print "Just another Perl hacker," # but not what the media calls "hacker!" :-)

Phrase: "Welcome to Portland, Oregon ... home of the California Raisins!"

Wed, 02 Apr 1997 01:23:34 GMT
 Perl 5 JAPH!
: So, I now post the (ta da) very first Perl 5 JAPH:
:

Slow down.  You're using up the new features too fast.  :-)

Larry

Tue, 08 Apr 1997 06:57:31 GMT
 Perl 5 JAPH!

Larry> : So, I now post the (ta da) very first Perl 5 JAPH:
Larry> :

Larry> Slow down.  You're using up the new features too fast.  :-)

Don't worry Larry, you put enough new features in 5 to last me about
two years.  By then, you'll have Perl 6 done. :-)

require 5;print reverse map chr,reverse unpack "C*","Just another Perl hacker,"

Phrase: "Welcome to Portland, Oregon ... home of the California Raisins!"

Thu, 10 Apr 1997 00:10:58 GMT
 Perl 5 JAPH!

Quote:
>Don't worry Larry, you put enough new features in 5 to last me about
>two years.  By then, you'll have Perl 6 done. :-)

Which raises a question I've been wondering about. Is Larry getting
tired of dealing with Perl? How many years has he been working on it?

Just think Randal, a few years down the road it might be up to you to
get Perl 10.0 out the door. :-)

--
Kevin Luster, Project Reality | Silicon Graphics MS-880
Kicking Sega's {*filter*}          | 2011 N. Shoreline Blvd

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~kluster/Visigoth.html

Thu, 10 Apr 1997 05:13:26 GMT

1. another JAPH for JAPH's sake

2. JAPH T-Day