insufficient memory for install (Linux)
Author Message
 insufficient memory for install (Linux)

I've built perl5 on Linux (including a successful 'make test'), but I
can't complete the 'make install'.

It gets as far as installing the manual pages and then just eats
memory - if I'm lucky, it falls over with 'insufficient memory',
otherwise, it just thrashes...

        Linux kernel 1.1.72
        gcc-2.5.8
        libc-4.5.26
        (32Mb RAM, 32Mb swap)

Any help would be gratefully appreciated...

        Baz
--
Barrie Spence                   Sanity Clause? There is no Sanity Clause

Wed, 28 May 1997 23:56:14 GMT

1. Sharing a database!

2. Printing components in Delphi

3. insufficient memory for install (Linux)

4. $archname insufficient for multiple Linux installs?

5. (Linux beginner) How to de-install and re-install Perl on Linux

6. installing new modules in newly installed linux

7. administrator insufficient privileges

8. Need Help

9. Locks in an MDI aplication (Bug or Failure?) - signat~1.txt (0/1)

10. linux: Out of memory!

11. Linux does reclaim memory from perl

12. Memory leak in LWP::UserAgent under linux