Problems with Registry Editing via Perl
Author Message
 Problems with Registry Editing via Perl

I am trying to do what thought would be pretty simple registry editing,
but i was wrong.  I have tried both Win32::TieRegistry and
Win32::Registry.

With Win32::TieRegistry this is code i was using:

use Tie::Registry;

$Registry->Delimeter("/");
$swKey= $Registry->{"LMachine/"};

With this i never even got to actually modifying anything in the

something to do with the grep command line.  Just to add, I am running
Activestate Perl 5 build 521, and i read in the TieRegistry readme that

With Win32::Registry this is code i was using:

use Win32::Registry;
$HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Open("SOFTWARE", $hkey)||die $!;
$hkey->create( "test",REG_SZ,5 );

I was just trying to see if this would actually create a registry entry,
but of course it did not.  It says it cannot find create.al, a file that
i cannot find anywhere.

I am quite confused and would be greatly appreciate if someone could
point me in the right direction here.  Thanks.

Dan Richfield

Sat, 28 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems with Registry Editing via Perl

2. Help! CGI Registry Editing

3. HTML Editing via perl script

4. Registry Editing - A living hell....

5. editing pdf files via perl

6. Remote registry editing on NT

7. Help! CGI Registry Editing

8. Registry Editing - A living hell....

9. Trouble using Win32::Registry to edit NT environment

10. Edit a data file via perl

11. network install, access via registry mod, win env

12. Setting WinNT Registry Key Permissions via script