perl+socks+udprelay fails
Author Message
 perl+socks+udprelay fails

Hey,

        I use a lot of perl scripts as cgi bins for our internal web
server. Between the Internet and our internal network there is a firewall
machine. Therefore, I SOCKified perl (on Solaris2.3) to be able to pass
the firewall (it works fine :-). But, that's only half of the tail (TCP).
The other half is UDP (e.g. perl_archie) which is NOT supported within
SOCKS. Therefore, I needed another package called udprelay-0.2.
I recompiled perl and mapped sendto and recvfrom to the udprelay versions.
Then, the problems start... The Rsendto works and Rrecvfrom gets something
backs, but then perl core dumps...

So far the tail, now the question: can it be done, and if yes, how?

Furthermore, socfified perl with udprelay included also starts behaving wrong
with tcp connections - I believe it jumps into Rrecvfrom instead of Raccept to
give just an example.
I can give you much more details, but lets start with this general question
first!

Thanks in advance (and could you mail me - I'll summarize afterwards).
Gratien

--
  ______                Gratien D'haese    Switching Systems Division  se121
  \    / Alcatel                           F. Wellesplein 1, B-2018 Antwerpen

    \/ Telephone                                           Fax:   (32) 3 240 99 50

Fri, 02 May 1997 23:33:42 GMT

1. Perl 5.6.0 lib/io_unix.t fails at $sock = $listen->accept()

2. Perl & SOCKS: HOWTO IMplement server-side

3. How to use Socks Proxy in Perl?

4. Available: Perl-5+SOCKS, mirror.pl+PASV+SOCKS, more perl5 fixes.

5. Using perl with SOCKS

6. Perl and Socks

7. SOCKS support in Perl

8. SOCKS for Win NT/95 Perl

9. SOCKS and Perl sockets

10. IO::Socket, $sock->getline works, but $sock->recv doesn't, why?

11. IO::Socket, $sock->getline works, but $sock->recv doesn't, why?

12. SOCKS and LIBWWW