Where is @INC in ActiveState Perl for Win32 ???????
Author Message
 Where is @INC in ActiveState Perl for Win32 ???????

Nobody seems to know the answer to this question.

I've had lots of "It's in the registry somewhere....", "I think it's....",
but nobody knows!!!

One suggestion was that it was in the file "Perl\lib\Config.pm"

BUT:

If you delete the file altogether then Perl still knows  information where

registry)
E.g. if I try to debug a program (with Config.pm deleted) I get this
message:

-----

perl -d myprog.pl

C:/Program Files/Perl/lib C:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib .) at
C:\PROGRA~1\ACTIVE~1\PerlDB.pl line 84.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

-----

has been added by putting a value in the Registry

key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Perl with the name "PERL5LIB" and value
"c:\progra~1\perl\lib"

Come on, someone must know!

Yours Sincerely

Nick

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is @INC in ActiveState Perl for Win32 ???????

array can be modified by typing in perl -Idirectory -Idirectory -Idirectory
.... at the command line.

So in your case it would be
"perl -Ic:/progra~1/perl/lib -Ic:/progra~1/perl/site/lib".

Note also that perlfaq8 also answers your question and gives some

environment variables PERL5LIB or PERLLIB.

In the future, I suggest you do a little more research on your own before
posting to the newsgroup - it usually saves lots of time on your part and
energy on others.  If your question is simple, chances are it will be
explained in the documentation that came with the program, or appear in the
FAQ's somewhere.

--Ben Lee

Quote:
> Come on, someone must know!

> Yours Sincerely

> Nick

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is @INC in ActiveState Perl for Win32 ???????

Quote:

> array can be modified by typing in

perl -Idirectory -Idirectory -Idirectory

Quote:
> .... at the command line.

> So in your case it would be
> "perl -Ic:/progra~1/perl/lib -Ic:/progra~1/perl/site/lib".

> Note also that perlfaq8 also answers your question and gives some

> environment variables PERL5LIB or PERLLIB.

I set it at run time

  $path::base = $ENV { "PATH::BASE" };
  if ( ! $path::base ) { $path::base = "C:/base" }

--
M?sl Roland http://www.pege.org
Clear targets for a confused civilization

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is @INC in ActiveState Perl for Win32 ???????

Quote:

> Nobody seems to know the answer to this question.

I do.  Open up a registry editor (regedit or regedt32).  Go to the Local
Machine structure.  Go to software and add the key "Perl".  Then, in the
"Perl" key, add a "lib" REG_SZ value that points to whatever directory
you want.  I use this on all of my servers to keep my modules separate
from the standard distribution.  Specifically, I have "lib" defined as
"c:/perl/wlib" on my servers.

Hope this helps.
JH

Quote:
> I've had lots of "It's in the registry somewhere....", "I think it's....",
> but nobody knows!!!

> One suggestion was that it was in the file "Perl\lib\Config.pm"

> BUT:

> If you delete the file altogether then Perl still knows  information where

> registry)
> E.g. if I try to debug a program (with Config.pm deleted) I get this
> message:

> -----

> perl -d myprog.pl

> C:/Program Files/Perl/lib C:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib .) at
> C:\PROGRA~1\ACTIVE~1\PerlDB.pl line 84.

> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

> -----

> has been added by putting a value in the Registry

> key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Perl with the name "PERL5LIB" and value
> "c:\progra~1\perl\lib"

> Come on, someone must know!

> Yours Sincerely

> Nick

Mon, 09 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is @INC in ActiveState Perl for Win32 ???????

Quote:

>> Nobody seems to know the answer to this question.

>I do.  Open up a registry editor (regedit or regedt32).  Go to the Local
>Machine structure.  Go to software and add the key "Perl".  Then, in the
>"Perl" key, add a "lib" REG_SZ value that points to whatever directory
>you want.  I use this on all of my servers to keep my modules separate
>from the standard distribution.  Specifically, I have "lib" defined as
>"c:/perl/wlib" on my servers.

>Hope this helps.
>JH

>> I've had lots of "It's in the registry somewhere....", "I think it's....",
>> but nobody knows!!!

>> One suggestion was that it was in the file "Perl\lib\Config.pm"

>> BUT:

>> If you delete the file altogether then Perl still knows  information where

>> registry)
>> E.g. if I try to debug a program (with Config.pm deleted) I get this
>> message:

>> -----

>> perl -d myprog.pl

>> C:/Program Files/Perl/lib C:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib .) at
>> C:\PROGRA~1\ACTIVE~1\PerlDB.pl line 84.

>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

>> -----

>> has been added by putting a value in the Registry

>> key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Perl with the name "PERL5LIB" and value
>> "c:\progra~1\perl\lib"

>> Come on, someone must know!

>> Yours Sincerely

>> Nick

REGEDIT4

"Path"="d:\\perl56\\bin"
"TERM"="Win32"
-----------------------
REGEDIT4

"bindir"="d:\\perl56\\bin"
"lib"="d:\\server\\lib"
-----------------------

Those are two of the files. Save as name.reg and import to registry --
using the paths you want

Also, you may need to text scan all config.pm files in your perl
directories. The config data hangs around in dark corners. Sometimes
you can use the Home/.cpan/Cpan/MyConfig.pm or Prefix option to pass
new config arguments.

Mon, 09 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is @INC in ActiveState Perl for Win32 ???????

Quote:

>> Nobody seems to know the answer to this question.

>I do.  Open up a registry editor (regedit or regedt32).  Go to the Local
>Machine structure.  Go to software and add the key "Perl".  Then, in the
>"Perl" key, add a "lib" REG_SZ value that points to whatever directory
>you want.  I use this on all of my servers to keep my modules separate
>from the standard distribution.  Specifically, I have "lib" defined as
>"c:/perl/wlib" on my servers.

>Hope this helps.
>JH

>> I've had lots of "It's in the registry somewhere....", "I think it's....",
>> but nobody knows!!!

>> One suggestion was that it was in the file "Perl\lib\Config.pm"

>> BUT:

>> If you delete the file altogether then Perl still knows  information where

>> registry)
>> E.g. if I try to debug a program (with Config.pm deleted) I get this
>> message:

>> -----

>> perl -d myprog.pl

>> C:/Program Files/Perl/lib C:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib .) at
>> C:\PROGRA~1\ACTIVE~1\PerlDB.pl line 84.

>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

>> -----

>> has been added by putting a value in the Registry

>> key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Perl with the name "PERL5LIB" and value
>> "c:\progra~1\perl\lib"

>> Come on, someone must know!

>> Yours Sincerely

>> Nick

Look in CLPM where you also asked; (and in usenet guidelines)

Mon, 09 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Where is @INC in Activestate Perl for Win32?

2. Where is @INC in ActiveState Perl for Win32 ???????

3. Where is @INC in Activestate Perl for Win32?

4. setting @INC in (ActiveState) Perl 5 for Win32

5. Where is @INC in ActiveState Perl for Win32 ???????

6. Where is @INC in Activestate Perl for Win32?

7. Default @INC in ActiveState (Win32)

8. After installing new Activestate version .. @INC errors

9. including the current dir(or any other dir) in @INC with win32 Perl

10. @INC, -I, Perl5Lib in Perl Win32

11. Building embedded perl with ActiveState 5.6.0 build 613 (under win32)

12. Win32::API for ActiveState Perl Build 500?