MSDOS perl: Can't create pipe: Out of memory
Author Message
 MSDOS perl: Can't create pipe: Out of memory

Quote:

> My intention is to find out how actually opening a pipe is carried out on a
> PC using MSDOS. Where does the program perl.exe attempt to write the
> temporary file corresponding to the pipe?

     Writing the temporary file has absolutely nothing to do with the
error message mentioned in the subject line.  If you are really getting
the message, "Out of memory", when trying to pipe data to/from a program
under MSDOS, then you are really running out of memory.

     In order to pipe data to/from a program, this program must, at some
point be executed.  If you do not have enough remaining low memory to
run that program, you will get that error message.

     -- Darryl Okahata

constitute the support, opinion or policy of Hewlett-Packard or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.

Sun, 30 Mar 1997 14:36:58 GMT

1. Piping TOO a perl script on MSDOS

2. MSDOS perl 'opendir'

3. Piping in stderr when creating a pipe with the open call

4. problem in msdos 'formats'

5. Len Reed's msdos perl binary kit

6. MSDOS perl -- can't init loader

7. question about canned perl script

8. Time outs and exit codes

9. Sockets, Time-outs, and Alarms

10. Tie & Shared Memory (creating shared perl vars)

11. Creating a copy in memory of a perl object

12. perl accessing a string created by my C function - memory management issues