Problem Building Perl5 on HP-UX
Author Message
 Problem Building Perl5 on HP-UX

We have managed to successfully build perl5 on an HP 800 series E25 box,
running HP-UX A.09.04, using all defaults as provided in the LUCS
distribution except hostname, but are getting the following output
from #make test:
base/cond......ok
base/if........ok
base/lex.......Failed on test 0
*** Error code 2 (ignored)

Running the test manually in the t directory with #../perl base/lex gives:
Floating exception (core dumped)

I changed the name of this test file, and reran; all other tests except
the following are ok:
/lib/anydbm.....FAILED on test 0
/lib/ndbm.......FAILED on test 0
/lib/odbm.......FAILED on test 0

Upon checking the Configure output, I see that the optional shared
library -lndbm was not found.
Any ideas/suggestions on why these four tests would fail, and should
we be worried about it? (Our production scripts appear to run properly.)

Ted Wolf
Dun&Bradstreet

Wed, 16 Apr 1997 09:26:24 GMT

1. HELP: Problem building perl5 on HP-UX 9.03

2. Problem building perl5 on HP-UX 9.03

3. Problem building perl5.002b3 on HP-UX 9.01

4. Perl5 build fails for HP-UX 8

5. Building Perl5.001 on HP-UX

6. Building perl5.005 on HP-UX 10.20

7. HP-UX 9.05 Build Problem

8. Problem building 5.005.03 on HP-UX

9. Problems Building perl on HP-UX B.08.00 A 9000/43S

10. Problems building Perl/Tk (on HP-UX [solved])

11. Compile perl5 on HP 7xx/HP-UX 8.0 ?

12. NDBM problems with Perl5 on HP-UX