HELP with accessing HTML page to automate Login using HTML::Form
Author Message
 HELP with accessing HTML page to automate Login using HTML::Form

Hi all,

I'm a complete Perl newbie. I'm ripping apart someones code that
accesses a URL passed in arguments, scans it for forms and specific
fields, fills out those fields and then submits the form.

It works great and I wanted to change it to work with a specific page
and fields to automate a process for the company I work for.

Only problem is that the page is returning a 501 error when accessing
the page. The page happens to be an HTTPS page and I'm wondering if
this is happening because it's a secure part of the site.

I'm fairly confident that this is what's happening but if anyone could
verify that I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much,

Guy Davis

Wed, 02 Jun 2004 07:18:43 GMT
 HELP with accessing HTML page to automate Login using HTML::Form

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I'm a complete Perl newbie. I'm ripping apart someones code that
> accesses a URL passed in arguments, scans it for forms and specific
> fields, fills out those fields and then submits the form.

> It works great and I wanted to change it to work with a specific page
> and fields to automate a process for the company I work for.

> Only problem is that the page is returning a 501 error when accessing
> the page. The page happens to be an HTTPS page and I'm wondering if
> this is happening because it's a secure part of the site.

> I'm fairly confident that this is what's happening but if anyone could
> verify that I'd greatly appreciate it.

> Thanks so much,

> Guy Davis

You might be interested in
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/HTRESP.html to find out the exact
meaning of HTTP errorcodes.

Possibly they have put the perl script on a https-page on purpose, in
order to avoid automated form-postings.

Bart

Thu, 17 Jun 2004 06:11:27 GMT

1. html page creation from html using perl

2. html page creation from html using perl

3. how to insert an HTML page into another perl generated HTML page

4. automated filling of html/cgi-pages

5. automated filling of html/cgi-pages

6. automated filling of html/cgi-pages

7. Automated HTML Forms

8. Automated HTML Forms

9. Perl module for automated html form submission

10. Help needed on reading HTML file and generate Pages using CGI (newbie)

11. Help: text to HTML Form conversion using perl

12. Printing multiple HTML pages of Tables and Forms